Hello everyone and welcome to the 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt!
I am really looking forward to hosting this event. Everyone is welcome to join - the more, the merrier! So, tell your friends. Bookmark this page, and let's get started!
Rules and guidelines are at the end of this post, but it's really very simple. The goal is to get you out exploring with your camera this summer. You have until the last day of summer (September 21) to find and photograph the following items:
1. Open air market
2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3. City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
5. A sunset
6. Someone or something taking a nap
7. A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8. A tower
9. A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10. A bench that is outside
11. An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12. A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13. A fence
14. A stained glass object or a mosaic
15. A fire truck or police car
16. A windmill
18. Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19. A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21. A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items. If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items. You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
And here are the guidelines/rules:
1. Participants are encouraged to periodically post their finds on their blog. Try to add a "tag" or a"label" to each post, so that it is easy for readers to find all your scavenger hunt posts.
2. If you plan to participate in the hunt, please leave me a comment with your blog address. I'll add you to my reader, so I can be sure to stop by and see any scavenger hunt posts you have.
3. Once a month, I will host a link-up party where people can check in and show off their finds!
4. You don't need a blog to participate! Just find a photo hosting site, like flickr or shutter fly and put all your scavenger hunt photos in one album. When we have the monthly check-ins, you can comment with a link to your photo album.
5. On September 22, I will survey the participants and choose a winner, based on the number of items found. If more than one person finds all the items, a random draw will determine the winner. I will also draw a random winner from all the participants. So, don't be discouraged if you don't find all of the items. Winners will receive a photography-related prize (either a photography book or entrance into an online photography class).
6. Remember the idea is not to search your photo files and find these items, but rather to take the photos between now and the end of summer. Also, let me know if there's something that's impossible for you (especially for my friends in the the southern hemisphere, where it is winter not summer), and I'll see what I can do to accommodate you. It's all about having fun and enjoying the hunt.
7. Let me know if you have any questions!