Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Peek Inside My Life

Outside My Window...  I hear birds twittering peacefully and smell the damp soil of the just-watered garden next door.  The sun is shining brightly. With blue skies and a gentle breeze, it feels like early summer.
Around the house and garden... a few yellow crook neck squash are beginning to form, and there are lots of yellow flowers on the tomato plants. Clara wants to help me finish cleaning up the garage this summer so that we can get a ping pong table or pool table in there and turn it into a hang-out for her and her friends.  She also has big plans for redecorating Henry's room once he leaves for college and she moves into it.
I am thinking... about the trip Clara and I will be taking next week. We leave a week from Tuesday for Southern California. We'll visit relatives, go to Disneyland and check into our San Diego Hotel a couple of days before our race for some "girl time." I am looking forward to spending this special time with my girl.
I am thankful for... the "taper" portion of my training.  More stretching and fewer miles. Time to let my body absorb all the conditioning I've been doing,  avoid injury and get mentally ready for the big day (June 2).  Thursday is our last track work out and "send-off" where we will get our tickets and other documents.
From the kitchen... lots of salads these days; cherries and white peaches from the farmer's market this morning; hamburgers for dinner tonight.  Maybe I'll have a vodka negroni for cocktail time.
I am wearing ... jeans, my new San Francisco Giants t-shirt, a purple team-in-training wrist band and my "one little word" necklace.
I am hoping ...  Clara's last week of school goes smoothly. She gets out really early - three weeks before Henry. It's been such a long hard year for her. I hope it ends on a high note.
I am reading... the last of the exams which need grading. Then it's on to getting ready for the summer class I'm teaching. It starts right after we get back from our trip.
I am busy creating... the post to launch the 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt! 
It's coming June 1.  Will you be ready?
I am hearing.. The wind chimes on the back deck.  Henry snoring softly on the couch. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon, perfect for napping.
What's going on in your life right now?

18 comments:

Sian said...

That's such a big, special trip for you both. Something to be remembered for the rest of your lives, I think. Very best of luck to you both

Missus Wookie said...

That trip together sounds wonderful - I hope it is a blessing for you both. Will be thinking of you as you prepare for the big race too!

Ladkyis said...

Will be thinking of you when you race.
Don't your schools finish early... our schools have until the middle of July before they reach the end of the school year.

Linda said...

Your trip with Clara sounds fabulous Rinda! Lovely little peek into your life:)

alexa said...

Hoping that you and Clara have a perfectly lovely time together - what a special thing to have at the end of the school year. And the sounds and sights of summer are lovely to imagine, of his cold, grey, damp supposedly Summer morning! Cheering you on for that race too ...

Cheri said...

Woo Hoo! Scavenger Hunt! LOAD will just be ending and I'm ready. Good luck with the race.

Abi said...

So excited for scavenger hunt! The trip with Clara sounds so much fun.

Melissa said...

YES - I'm ready for the Scavenger Hunt & looking forward to it. I finished up all my grading & turned everything in last Thursday, so my summer is officially underway. Praying that you and Clara will have a wonderful trip & a joyous celebration at the finish line!

Ginger said...

Looking forward to this years hunt and to a short work week. HAppy Monday!

Denise said...

What a lovely peek into your life.Your trip sounds very special-and how exciting that the scavenger hunt is back-yay!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I am so excited for you and Clara to have that time together, Rinda. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Also pretty excited about the summer scavenger hunt. Can't wait to see what items you have on there this year, and promising myself NOT to freak out over the ones that SEEM impossible! Haha - those usually end up being the easiest in the long run. ;o)

scrappyjacky said...

I do hope you and Clara have some perfect girl time together.

Miriam said...

Hoping you and your daughter have a very special time together. I am looking forward toy your scavenger hunt ....I keep wondering what delights you will have us searching for.

Barbara said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip with Clara and her last week goes well.

Irene said...

Love to read these peeks in your life. How exciting for you and Clara. I think it's funny how Clara has plans for Henry's room when he has not gone yet. HAHA

Alison said...

Wishing you and Clara some fun times next week....and cheering you both on from over here!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good week.
Looking forward to the scavenger hunt.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of the 2 of you on Sunday. Looking forward to tomorrow's post about the scavenger hunt. :)