Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Trio of Messy Little Details

My blogfriend Carolyn of Mess, Muddle and Fun has started a weekly meme for friends to share photographs of details that catch their eye as they wander through life. This week, I have a trio of photos, all taken with my iphone. The first is of an old rusty gate. I love the way it draws my eye down a hidden path. I added a quote, which I found particularly appropriate. 
I have two other, odd photos which also call to me. 
I saw this old bolt lying in the dirt. There's something so organic about the dirt and the bolt; as if the metal ore is trying to return home.  I also love the sharpness of the focus.
And then there's this jar, sitting in our lemon tree, which a county horticulturist asked if he could place there. I have no idea what it's for, but it feels like it belongs on a shelf in an alchemist's shop.
Do any of these photos appeal to you? If so, I'd love to hear why. And to check out other photos, check out this post at Carolyn's blog.


13 comments:

Julia said...

Love the first photo. The rusty gate against the lush green and the way it draws your eye x

helena said...

all 3 really draw my eye, I love the colours of the 3rd in particular

scrappyjacky said...

Love the first one....the rust and green look so right together.

furrypig said...

I love all those photos tho they are sooo different. The first one looks really natural with the colours, the second is just the sort of photo I would take! The third appeals as I love old medical looking bottles and it seems kind of magical xxx

Miriam said...

I love the bolt in the earth, shapes, colours & textures all appeal to me.

sky-blu-pink said...

As a blacksmith, my husband would choose the first two -he is always on the lookout for bits of rusty metal to turn into something beautiful. For me, it is the third, glass, nature and the mystery of an anonymous address.

Irene said...

Oh I like the sharpness of the bolt. It looks like I can just pick it up.

The Mann Fam said...

I love your rusty fence. There's a story there with the aging, weathered fence and decaying wood chips surrounded with all the bright green vegetation.

Anonymous said...

I like the first one with it's different colours of green and rust/brown and how the lines of the fence pull you towards the trees.

Elizabeth said...

The first one definitely appeals to me. I always wonder what is on the other side of gates.

Beverly said...

I love the first, the green seems so alive and refreshing while the rust gate suggests the path has been used forever. it also reminds me of exploring at the far end of my grandparents' farm near the swamp as a child. The gate led to where the cows fed and some old farm buildings.

nancy y said...

saying hello to my swimsuit, so I can swim a mile for breast cancer funding. I wish I could swim with Clara in the AM to get me ready!

Unknown said...

Wow, what riches here. You may have gathered that I love rusty, crusty, decaying things so your first photos are right up my street. I love the one of the gate, it makes me want to explore. The bolt really looks like it belongs there doesn't it and your thoughts on it trying to get back to the earth are deep.

The jar is fascinating - I'd love to know what it is for.