Thursday, May 30, 2013

Deb's Umbrella: Two Ways

My friend Deb of Paper Turtle has offered up a photograph and asked people to edit it anyway they would like.  You can see her original photo and read about her challenge here.  Since it's a sun umbrella where she and her husband sit to enjoy the end of the day, I chose a quote about the joys of the great outdoors. I did all my editing in picmonkey, a free site which offers all kinds of overlays and effects (it's kindof like photoshop elements for dummies). I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out . . . it feels like me.
But, I wanted to do another variation.  One for Deb, one which I thought she would like and which would fit her and her life.  So, here's version #2:
This was such a great challenge. It really helped me learn to use more of the features in picmonkey.  And it helped me think about how different creations might appeal to different people. I wonder which of these variations you prefer?
Other bloggers are playing along with this challenge, too. To check them out, click here to go to Deb's blog and see the linky.
**************************************************************************
p.s. The 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt is on! Check out the details at this post. **************************************************************************

18 comments:

debs14 said...

Oh I can't choose! They are both so good in their own way. The top one is very you but I know the sentiment and the butterflies in the second are very Deb.

Anne said...

Both are beautiful Rinda, but I prefer version 2. I wish you and everybody reading your blog, to have many butterflies around. xxx

Amy said...

Both are excellent variations and very apt for each of your personalities - mine will be ready later on :)

helena said...

both quotes and treatments are great and so appropriate to each of you

scrappyjacky said...

I love the first one....but the second one is so perfect for Deb....she's going to love it.

sky-blu-pink said...

I love the sentiment of the second, and the butterflies!

Sian said...

I loved the first one..until I scrolled down a bit and saw the second. Now I can't decide..

Cheri said...

I love the butterflies on the second one!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Thanks so much for playing along, Rinda. I love both of your creations, but the one with the butterfly is definitely my favorite. Well done! I'm glad that this gave you a chance to try something new - same thing happened for me. :o)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Those are so nice! I love the second one!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

PS: I hope you don't mind, Rinda, but I added your link to my post. I know you and Clara are traveling this weekend, so I wasn't sure if you had access to do this. Hope you two are having a great time!!! xo

Irene said...

I like the second with butterflies. The quote goes so well with the photo.

Miriam said...

These are just gorgeous Rinda, I especially like the second one.

Susanne said...

Great job - each one has its own charm. I thought this was fun, andn now I'm all warmed up for whatever photo challenge might come along. (wink!)

Jo Murray said...

Love those quotes! The images are great Rinda.

boysmum2 said...

Love the butterfly one but of course they are both great. What an awesome idea, how creative

~*~Patty S said...

Both are so creative and being a quote hound I enjoy them each for their own reasons.
Looks like you're having fun with picmonkey Rinda!
oxo

alexa said...

I'm going with the butterflies because it is so unexpected and so cleverly done! Brilliant ...