Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Look Up//Look Down #19: Play-off Time

My son's baseball team has qualified for the Central Coast Sectional Playoffs, and their first game is today, Wednesday, May 15. He's playing with a group of boys with whom he has played for over ten years -  Little League, All-Stars, travel ball; a couple trips to Cooperstown, New York. I don't think any of them will play in college, so this is really the last hurrah. It's a single elimination tournament, and I hope they win more than a few games. Good luck thoughts and wishes gratefully accepted!
For this week's look up//look down, I thought I'd feature a pair of photographs from their last regular season game. Looking up at the backstop; looking down at their bats.
Look Up//Look Down is a meme started by Helena of Helena's Creative Maven.

19 comments:

debs14 said...

Good luck to the boys! Love that picture of the bats. The end of an era always has mixed emotions but it sounds like these boys have had a great time together over the years. Happy memories!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deb good luck for the team and fab photo of the bats.

Anne said...

Great photos. Good luck to your son's team for today's match ! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I really love that first one...I've noticed that it's often the 'look up' photos in this meme that really catch my eye....I must be a 'looking up' kind of person!!
Good luck to the boys.

Missus Wookie said...

I think the pairing tells such a story. Good luck to the boys - I hope they enjoy this last part of their journey together.

helena said...

Good luck to the boys. Love the strong vertical lines in both images

Amy said...

Love the backstop shot Rinda - great shot!

Linda said...

Great shots! Good luck to the boys:)

Cheri said...

Great shots Rinda! Best of luck to Henry and the team.

Sian said...

Best of luck! I think over here we would describe those shots as having a wonderful "all-American" feel to them

Miriam said...

Good luck to the boys...I love the colours in these two shots Rinda

aimee said...

Good luck!! What fun! Hope the weather is good to you!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great pairing Rinda. Look at all those different bats. Good luck to Henry and his team.

Melissa said...

I do hope they have many wins & enjoy this last hurrah! Great photos for up & down.

Irene said...

Those pics bring back memories. Let's Play Ball!

The Mann Fam said...

Nice pics. I like the first one a lot. My Mann has been playing some baseball for fun this season and I've been toting my camera. I'll have to post some of my baseball pics pretty soon.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love your up/down photos, Rinda, and really love that Henry's team has done so well. Wishing them a whole bunch of good luck so that you can all enjoy their last bit of time together as a team for a little longer! xo

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Wonderful photos! Good luck to the team!

alexa said...

These are wonderfully graphic with all the lines ... Wishing them well in their swan song together and hoping they really have a lot of fun too.