Monday, May 20, 2013

Glue it Tuesday with Happy Mail

Just a little art journal collage for Glue It Tuesday!  The quote reads "Photography is the art of observation . . . it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."  I started the collage with bits from Happy Mail which I have received lately and added a few things from my stash.  Speaking of happy mail, a big thank you to Lizzie of Lizzie Made.  I received the pastel notebook seen in this post as a give-away prize.
I love collecting quotes to use in my art journal and in my collages.  My friend Deb of Paper Turtle runs a blog feature called "Just a Quote for Friday." She's running an interesting challenge in conjunction with that feature - providing a photo and asking readers to alter it and then link up at the end of the month.  If you want to play along, check it out here.
To check out other people playing in the Glue it Tuesday lounge, head on over to Artsyville.

19 comments:

Amy said...

I like that observation - a lot!

Susie said...

I totally agree with your sentiment. Great page!

helena said...

so true - and I love the green and apricot combo

Heather said...

great quote xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great quote! Love the look of this!

storybeader said...

love the mix of orange and green. Great quote you have there! Need to visit Deb's blog on Friday - I love collecting quotes. My post has two! {:-Deb

aimee said...

so beautiful, Rinda! you get two glue sticks for this one! :-D

Deborah Weber said...

Charming. And what a great quote.

scrappyjacky said...

A very true quote.

betsy said...

Lovely quote and collage!

Abi said...

I love that quote. I also love Debs idea for the quote and the photo. Such a fun challenge.

alexa said...

I love the ragged edges of your collage and the little collection of things - I want a hat like that! And a very inspiring and truthful quote ...

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I just love that photography quote, and your page, Rinda!

And thanks so much for the sweet shout out about my photo/quote challenge. :o)

Melissa said...

Great page to go with that quote!

april said...

Great quote - and love that it is handwritten. Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to checking out "Just a Quote for Friday."

debs14 said...

That's a great quote !

Rebecca said...

Super cute!

Marit said...

I love the vintage feel of this collage, these images go perfect with that quote!

Unknown said...

What an amazing quote.