Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Photographer's Eye: Prayer Flags Over Montara

Vignette #16: Prayer Flags Over Montara
I have always loved prayer flags and have occasionally played with them in my art. Imagine my joy when I see this lovely strand while walking the back roads of Montara. They are slightly shredded from the wind which takes their intentions and sends them out into the world. My photographer's eye catches God's light shining through the trees, as if to signal approval of those who take time to pray.
******************************************************************************
My Photographer's Eye is a semi-regular series designed to feature my instagram photography and a brief accompanying narrative. You can see the other vignettes in this series by clicking on this link.
P.S. For those of you who do pray, I would appreciate it if you could say a prayer for Henry's club soccer coach who is experiencing some major health issues. His name is Franklyn.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photograph. The sun shining through the trees is stunning. Will say a prayer for Franklyn.

Linda said...

Love the light shining through the trees:)and the way the flags almost disappear. Lovely!

Amy said...

I also like how the fence seems to emulate the flags and the red painted posts - come to think of it, the trees are flag like too.

Franklyn will be in our thoughts.

Julia said...

I'd not heard of prayer flags before and a quick google this morning has educated me on everything from colour order to origin. Thanks for sharing your great photo x

helena said...

how lovely to come across them on a walk - I remember the great art you created with this theme

Karen said...

I've added Franklyn to my prayer list. I wish the list wasn't so long. I, too, love prayer flags, but have only seen them once in real life---at the Devil's Tower National Monument.

Miriam said...

I have never seen them here but I would like to make some for my garden, there is much to pray for. I will remember Franklyn.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I don't know what I love more - your photo or your words. This is a lovely post, Rinda, and I always think of you when I see prayer flags and remember our time together. Prayers lifting up for Franklyn!

Irene said...

Makes me wonder who put up this prayer flag and for whom. My prayers go out to the person this flag was intended for and of course to Henry's Coach, Franklyn. Another great photo.

Sian said...

They aren't something we see round here either. But I like them...they look purposeful.

Missus Wookie said...

I like prayer flags too - always like the idea of the wind sending their purpose out into the world. Holding Franklyn in the light.

The Mann Fam said...

What a lovely picture and what a wonderful reminder of the gift we have to speak with Deity.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn.
That is an extremely smartly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read
more of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.


my web-site ... akribos watches

Becky said...

A beautiful photo xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Such a wonderful photo! I love prayer flags.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen prayer flags before. It's a wonderful picture.

Elizabeth said...

I never heard of prayer flags before. Sounds like a wonderful idea, and I like the serenity of your photo.

~*~Patty S said...

all around wonderful Rinda!

a friend of mine just sent me some prayer flags that her husband brought back from Katmandu ...
I strung them with the prayer flags my son gave me a couple of years ago ...
new prayers blending with old on the breeze

Brightest of Blessings to you and yours
oxo