Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scribble Faces

Day 4 in the Faces 101 class called for "scribble faces." I sat in a local taqueria (waiting for my to go order) and quickly sketched the people around me.  I really enjoyed doing these. The two on the left are both of my husband.  He liked the top one well enough that he made it his profile picture on facebook! The more faces I draw, the easier they become, and I've gotten lots of good ideas for different styles of faces that I could start including in my art journals and collages. In the class we sometimes draw/paint faces from live models, sometimes draw/paint them while looking at a picture and sometimes draw/paint from our imagination.  I'm not sure I have a preference yet. If you draw, paint or sketch, do you have a preference?

7 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun that your hubby is using one of your sketches for his Facebook profile picture. Great job working on your drawing/sketching!

Sian said...

What a lovely compliment! He obviously still loves the way you "see" him

scrappyjacky said...

I like that one of your OH as well...how cool he's put it on Facebook.

GlorV1 said...

Nice sketches. I've actually never done what you did. I do think it's a great idea and may do that on one of my alone time outing. Usually it's pictures taken, but next time it will be a small sketchbook. Thanks for the idea Rinda. You are really doing great!

alexa said...

This looks like fun! Your Oh clearly enjoys your developing work too.

laurie said...

the few portraits i have drawn, or painted, turn out best when i have used a model. i like the idea of you sitting in a public place, sketching away - fun!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking sketches. On the rare occasions that I draw anything I prefer a model of some sort. I suck at drawing by imagination