Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Tim Holtz!

Today, Saturday, Jan. 7, is Tim Holtz's birthday! 
Linda Ledbetter of Studio L3 has set the Grungy Monday challenge this week as one to create a birthday card for Tim.  Although I haven't participated in Grungy Monday for a while, I couldn't resist making a birthday card for Tim Holtz because he is such a wonderful, generous, creative person.
So, here's the card I made for him. Tim loves Disneyland (in fact, it seems to me that in some alternate universe Tim could be Walt Disney's illegitimate son). So, I made him a Disney card with a paper pieced Mickey Mouse from my stash. The bottle cap held by Mickey has been colored with alcohol inks and features an image from Tim's stamp line. The edges of the papers have all been distressed using the Tim Holtz distress tool and inked with distress inks. I feel very lucky to have met Tim and to have taken several classes with him. He really is a terrific person, and I hope he has a terrific birthday!  If you want to join in the birthday party, go check out Linda's blog.

11 comments:

Alison said...

Brilliant card! Just perfect for our Tim! x

anna christensen crafts said...

What a gorgeous card - I love it - a perfect mix of 2 iconic figures!

Unknown said...

Great card!

Candy C said...

Hi Rinda! Your Mickey Mouse card is darling! Tim loves Mickey! I'm sure he will love your card! :) <3 Candy

Sue said...

Haa...t!m is Walt's "love" child! That made me laugh.

Great, fun card that I bet t!m will love!

Capescrapper said...

What a great idea for a card for Tim! He will love this!

Marjie Kemper said...

What fun! He will love it...

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you're not quite over making cards yet then,Rinda!!!
I'm sure Tim would love this one...and I love how you've used the bottle cap.

Irene said...

That's cool that you used Tim's stamp and distress tools to make his card. The card is great and I like the bottle cap..

Carola Bartz said...

I think it really fits Tim!

Robin Panzer Art said...

Thanks for stopping by for PPF! Love the Bday Card!