Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Music Monday: Instrumental and OLW Check-in


For the last in my New Music Monday series, here's an awesome instrumental video from the band Laszlo, featuring the song, "Mr. Sunshine." Guaranteed to get your day off to a happy start!
If you like jazz instrumentals, I can also recommend  two songs by Dakota Suite: "Namiko" and "Heart of Empty."
So, now it's feedback time (and be honest) - do you like this music feature? Should I continue with it? Or would you prefer I stick with  art, photography and more about my life?  If I do continue it, how often? Once a month seems about right to me. What do you think?
******************************************************************
Weekly OLW Check-In: Still working on organizing my craft space. Starting on some of the home purging/cleaning, too. This week I
1. Cleared out and reorganized the two drawers and cupboard in the bathroom where I keep craft stuff.  I have an entire drawer full of tapes, glues and adhesives.  Is that excessive?
2. Cleaned out and organized the cabinets, counter and drawers in the kids' bathroom. Felt like I was channeling Stacey from Havoc and Mayhem when I found things to throw out which had expired in the last century!
3. Cleaned out and organized the counter, cabinets and drawers in the master bath. Threw away 12 old tooth brushes!
4. Found someone who wanted the keyboard and convinced them to come pick it up.
5. Organized my chipboard and grungeboard.
6. Cleaned out and organized the completed paper-based art project bin, art projects to do bin, assemblage stuff bin and overflow ephemera box.
7. Mailed off about a dozen stamps to new homes!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I am a fan of the music and I'd like you to continue, and monthly would be great.

The decluttering sounds quite industrious ... are you considering a 'By the Numbers' page/post about all these wonderful things you are finding/purging and, dare I say it .. hoarding?! In reference to the required stamps of course!

You should have seen what I cleared out when we started the renovation, it is hard to believe!

scrappyjacky said...

Once a month sounds great with the music.
We are soon to have a new kitchen....will entail a major sort out....dresd to think what I'll find at the back of cupboards!!

Sian said...

You are putting me to shame! I am not good at de-cluttering. Those toothbrushes, for example, I always think I'm going to find something useful to do with them lol

nancy y said...

not at all excessive, I think you need a drawer of tape, glue and adhesive!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

loved the music video idea, it's also an expression of your creative mind, the things you enjoy and pass on to us. In this case, music videos. My vote is for yes on the music videos, I really enjoyed this one.

I am so behind on your posts, I've been gone for so long. Mostly to take care of my aging parents (dealing with alzheimer's). But I'm so happy to be back! I just need to better manage my time.

It's cool that you are working on your crafty space. I enjoy my space so much, it brings me so much peace to be in there crafting and creating cute things. Anyway, I'll roam around and try to read as much as I can to catch up.

Thanks so much Rinda for being such a cool bloggie friend.

Alison said...

You HAVE been busy Rinda...am hoping to get some re-organisation done when mum and dad go home at the weekend!
Alison xx

Beverly said...

A WEEK?! You did all that in a week?!?! I stand in awe of you, Rinda, you'll be done before you know it :)