Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Music Monday: The Women


Last Monday, I shared some of the new music which is in circulation on my ipod right now. In looking at it, I realized that it didn't have that many women represented. So, this week, I thought I'd post some videos of my favorite current female recording artists.  Up top, I posted "Simmer Down" by Nostaligia 77.  In a totally different vein:

Here's "Rock On" by Love Inks (I wonder if she stamps?).  I bought a few other songs from her: Skeleton Key, Too Wild, and In My Dreams.  Next a live performance with David Letterman:

This is Feist performing "How Come You Never Go There?" She also has a totally cute Sesame Street video floating around on You Tube! Finally, a woman who has become pretty popular, but I like a couple of her new songs:

This is Florence + Machine performing "No Light, No Light." I also purchased her new song, "Shake It Out."
I hope you enjoy the music today! Got any favorites in this batch? Or any recommendations of your own?

5 comments:

Amy said...

The top one needs to be played loudly right at this minute ... T8YO is a bossy co-game player ... there is friction in the household!
I've enjoyed all these Rinda - great choices!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love the music choices you post, Rinda. I feel so out of touch musically now that Carrie doesn't live at home anymore, so I appreciate your music posts. :o) I'd love to be sitting on your deck drinking wine with you and listening to your iPod mix!

debs14 said...

Is there room on that deck for one more Deb to join you in listening to that mix? ;-)

scrappyjacky said...

I think I'd like to join you all on the deck as well.....mine's a Malibu and coke,please.

Jimjams said...

Thanks for these Rinda - nice with my morning cuppa :o)