Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Skies (and more)

I'm continuing to follow along with Journal Your Christmas and Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas.  I'll likely group a bunch of these together so they don't take over my blog.  But, for now, here's a couple more.
Dec. 2 and the JYC Prompt is December Weather. My picture is above, and here's the journaling:  "The days seem particularly short and cold this December.  I'm sure there's the same number of daylight hours every year, but somehow nightfall seems to be coming earlier than ever and seems to be falling blacker than I remember in the past.  Its also been unusually cold for us - the low 40's on most mornings.  I even scraped ice off the car windshield earlier this week. We have been rewarded, though, with spectacular sunrises and sunsets.  The winter sky is putting on quite a show."
Here's what the interior journaling page looks like:
The photo will go on the left hand page (pretty much filling it completely).  I plan to print out a bunch of photos all at once, so they won't be added until much later.  I learned with the Learn Something New Everyday project that simple works for me.  I also learned to just sit down and do my entry as soon as I get a chance and not stress too much about it.  That way it gets done,and the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.
And  here are my Tim Tags for Day #2 (the big one) and Day #3 (the little one). 

I really like how they both turned out.  Similar to Tim's tags, but different stamps.  For Day #2, I love the custom stamp pad technique (I have even taught it in a class) and decided to use a new-to-me stamp.  I didn't have the glossy enamels, so I used a sharpie poster paint pen instead.  For Day #3, I didn't have tissue tape or the bird die, so I collaged sheet music on to a grunge board christmas tree.  Stamped the Christmas postoid onto sticky back canvas and added some lace trim in lieu of his tissue tape wreath.  Used the rest of the techniques he did.
Coming soon:  Christmas Club; Christmas Cards and Henry's Futbol Season Opener!

10 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Wow, Rinda, I love that photo of your beautiful sky!!! Tags are really cute too. xo

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Gorgeous sky. How did I wander away for so long? Looks like I missed some GORGEOUS art.

We are doing 18 days of holiday prompts, like Creativity Boot Camp starting on the 15th. Make sure to link up for daily giveaways. :) Maybe you will win a puppy! lol

Huge hugs. xoxo Tam

Terry said...

Maria, you have a heat wave compared to us! We have already dropped to the mid 20's!!! It is cold outside! Love your take and color choices on the TH tags! I hope I can get in the time to play and catch up! Have a great weekend!

scrappyjacky said...

That sky is amazing,Rinda....and I particularly like that large tag...a great Santa stamp.

minnie_mac said...

Your tags are gorgeous, and what a good idea the journal is.

Marilyn

laurie said...

i am loving your recent photos - this one is a perfect reflection of your journaling.

Kristin said...

Rinda, you are the energizer bunny doing both! I love your tags they look great! And the first picture is another instant favorite, thanks again for sharing that iphone app with me, I can't stop using it :)

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous photo, and I love both tags! That Santa is wonderful; is it a stamp?

Sian said...

That's one amazing sky - such an atmospheric photo. Your tags are stunning - I like the fact you aren't phased by the large selection of products he seems to be using, and you are happy to make some really lovely substituions. Great job!

2amscrapper said...

I like your version of the Tim tags!