Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Solstice (Tim Style)

Today is December 20th, the Winter Solstice.  If we had clear skies, I could even look outside and see a lunar eclipse.  How cool is that! To celebrate, I decided to create a Happy Solstice tag using the technique being covered this week in the Studio L3 Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Challenge:  scribble stain distress.  I sometimes have trouble with this technique, but I love how it turned out for what I wanted to do tonight.  I used faded jean and mustard seed inks, along with vintage photo ink on this tag. Will you be joining the CCC this week?Were you able to see the eclipse where you are?
If you love Tim Holtz, you should definitely check out the give-away at the Yours Artfully blog.  Click on this link to check it out.
Here's to longer days and happy creating!

16 comments:

Irene said...

Love the Solstice tag. Santa will have a hard time navigating in the Houston area, it was so cloudy tonight that me and my boys could not see the eclipse.

scrappyjacky said...

How perfect that little Santa looks flying across the sky.

humel said...

Love it! :-)

I missed the eclipse, sadly - only realised after it had happened!

Kim said...

Happy Solstice to you!! I had every intention to go out for the eclipse, but it was so cold and windy, and at 3:00 am, I just couldn't get out of bed!
Your scribble came out great, and suits your tag perfectly!!

Sian said...

Cool!

We had a look, but couldn't see anything at all in the sky last night - mind you it was so cold outside, we didn't linger!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Lovely tag! We missed the eclipse last night, too cloudy & too cold to stay out hoping it cleared up

Terry said...

Oh this is amazing! You are so very cool!!! Love it! Are you enjoying the rain or have you been spared??

Minxy said...

Aw this came out really cool, and i love how you added the stars.

Unfortunately I didn't remember about the lunar eclipse, but not sure i would of seen it as the skys have been very foggy and white.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I'm always ready for longer days! No chance of seeing a lunar eclipse here, either, even if I was willing to go out in the cold at 2:30 am (which would be unlikely)!

Netty said...

Terrific tag and love your Solstice theme, its really gorgeous. Annette x

Kristin said...

Happy Solstice indeed, what a beautiful tag! I love the little Santa zooming through the sky.

Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

Anonymous said...

Your tag is gorgeous! I missed our eclipse yesterday, it was too foggy! Happy Christmas!
Alison x

CuddlyBunny said...

Your tag is wonderful! Especially the Milky Way! Beautiful creation!

May you enjoy a fulfilling new year!

Yoli said...

What a pretty tag. Luv it! You are quite talented.

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tag! love the colours.

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is spectacular, Rinda! What a great way to commemorate the Solstice. The colors are gorgeous and really evoke the "return of the sun!" Santa flying through the stars is perfect!

I got to see the first half of the eclipse before I finally had to give up and sleep, but it was magical!!! I consider it an omen of a very good year to come, and wish you a fabulous 2011!