Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tim Tag #10 & Let's Talk Vellum

Here's my Tim Holtz tag from yesterday.  I made another snow cat (instead of the snowman he used) because I already used my grungebord snowman and I don't have his die or die cutter thing.  Tim embossed a scrap of plastic packaging for his tag.  As I don't have his embossing thing (yes, the "I don't have his [fill in the blank] thing" will be a refrain in my class review next week), I substituted some embossed vellum I had in my stash.
Which got me thinking about my vellum stash - which is kind of big.  I have clear vellum paper, frosted vellum paper, colored vellum (in various shades of transluscentcy [gosh, I'm sure that's not spelled correctly]), patterned vellum and embossed vellum.  I've got 8.5x11; I've got 12x12.  But I hardly ever use it. LOL! So, I was happy to use it on this tag and love how it worked.  I sometimes stamp a sentiment or print journaling on clear or frosted vellum but would love some other ideas to use up my stash of vellum.  Got any to share?
Coming soon:  Chistmas Club! Don't know what I'm talking about? It's a Sunday share suggested by Sian of High in the Sky.  Lots of lovely Christmas memories are posted and gathered.  Feel free to join in the fun.

10 comments:

Terry said...

Very cool cat and brilliant substitution! So you don't have one of the embossing things or die cutter thing. If you are thinking of a Big Shot or something, check Amazon as they can have some great deals. Have a wonderful weekend!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very pretty tag!

scrappyjacky said...

A great way to use the vellum....I must admit the only way I use it is for printing journaling on....especially in mini albums.

laurie said...

i don't use vellum very much either because i'm not quite sure what to do with it!!! your tag is a great example of how to make it work.

Sian said...

Yes, please feel free to join in!

Your tag is beautiful.

humel said...

Love it, Rinda :-)

One of my favourite uses for vellum is to tone down a too-bright background for a subtler effect on my projects. Torn strips of patterned vellum look great on cards and layouts, too. Or use a larger piece as a wrap around a base card for a simple but very elegant quick card - tie a piece of ribbon around the spine to hold the layers together. Hope that gives you a few ideas to get you thinking! xx

Amy said...

I am here to 'discuss' the virtues of velum ;-) Well, I have none in the stash but I love how it is used and I especially love the kitty tag you have made for us today Rinda!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

I LOVE Tim Holtz stuff, everything. The tag is very pretty, I like the cat on it and love the colors. I'll have to go check out his blog.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

donna said...

Another wonderful tag full of creativity. See you tomorrow for DAY 12!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

So elegant. Lynne M