Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Polar Animals

The Gingersnap Creations Challenge blog is going all wintery this month, and the theme for this week is polar animals.  After having pulled out my vellum to work on a Tim Holtz tag last week, I decided to keep playing with it.  I stamped and embossed in white on it for this card (both the image and sentiment), added some layers and brads, inked the edges and called it done!  I like how it turned out.  While I had my polar animal stamps out, I made one more card and a little penguin tag, too.  Here they are:
In addition to polar bears and penguins, I also really like reindeers images.  Do you have a favorite polar animal?  If so, come join the challenge by clicking this link. Would love to see what you do!
 

14 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

These are gorgeous,Rinda....I've never thought of embossing on vellum....it has a lovely effect.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

love the bear on ice skates...really festive!

JO SOWERBY said...

i looooooove the penguin tag but purely because penguins are my fave anyway.
Jo xxx

laurie said...

very cute, with a warm but "frigid" look. polar animals is a fun winter theme and your velum is a perfect material for it.

Sian said...

Definitely reindeer for me. There is something magical about them

sharyncarlson said...

I'm with Sian - I'm definitely all about the reindeer.

gayle said...

Those images are so cute! Love the snowy effect :) i think reindeers are a favourite for me too!

Terry said...

Loving your Polar Bears and the one on skates is too cool! Beautiful use of vellum! Love your cards!

PetraB said...

Wonderful cards and the little tag is adorable.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love the bear on skates.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous polar bear card! Love it!

My fav polar animal is an arctic fox but I can't seem to find a stamp for it :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love that polar bear card.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I have a soft spot in my heart for penguins... of course, they are black & white. PS... the pups are walking!!

humel said...

Oh, these are just gorgeous! :-)