Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decorating and Counting Down

Clara and I took out the interior decorations to put them up today.  We don't do a lot.  We hung our stockings on the mantle along with a few other decorations:
Mostly we spent time putting up the various Nativity Sets.  I started quietly collecting these a few years ago, and I try to add a new one each year (usually purchased at an after Christmas sale).  Here's a picture of the very first Nativity Set I purchased (it's a small egg from El Salvador) and the most recent one (the Willow Tree pair):
As far as an Advent Countdown, I have 25 Tim Holtz style tags that I made two years ago on which I put the numbers 1-25.  They're sitting on the hearth in a basket in the first picture of today's post.  My plan is always to put them up, one each day.  But my problem is finding an adhesive that will actually hold them in place! I try something new every year, but I'm still looking for the perfect solution! LOL! Speaking of Tim tags, here's my tag for Day #4:
How's your decorating coming along?  Do you have a holiday collection?

13 comments:

Amy said...

Rinda I really like that adorable little egg nativity - I have a tiny one too that was made in East Timor (Timor Leste)and it is my favourite, I really find it difficult to imagine the tools one would use to carve such a tiny piece of wood.

My google reader is showing two posts from you today but I was only able to access one ... I did like the look of a couple of things in the other post though ;-)

Mommy2CVC said...

I love Nativity sets too! I have the Willow Tree one, a candle one, an olive ornament one, one I bought when we first got married and the one you gave to Squiggler last year. (Technically that one is not mine.) I would love to have the Fisher Price one someday too!

alexa said...

Love that pretty tag with the beading on the end - delicious colours... Our Nativity set is still in the shed: no pint in bringing it out till the builders etc. have gone and we have some space to put it!

JO SOWERBY said...

i love the willow nativity statuettes, i have several of those which i moved to a different place yesterday to make room for the tree and christmas. i have a lovely collection now of tree decorations which i add to each year. my faves are some delft china ones from holland and a 2010 parisian bauble with a cityscape on it. i need to sort out the nativity stable and i have a nativity globe with snow and it plays a carol,
Jo xxxx

laurie said...

"it's beginning to look a lot like christmas" at your place! we don't do a lot either but did put up a real tree (it smells so good!) last night with old fashion big lights on it. i like your tag advent idea.

Sian said...

Our nativity set was bought by my sister for us the first year we were married and it is still my favourite decoration to unpack every year.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the Willow Tree pair.It's not looking at all christmassy here....but it will come Sunday....our decorating day.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Your nativity sets are so cool, Rinda. And I am loving the style of photos you are posting. :o)

You know, one thing I never did was to create an advent calendar. Don't know why...but now it's something I really want to have around, so next year I'll have to put something together. I love the idea of using tags.

Terry said...

This year the inside decorations will be kept very low key. I have not even started. I have a collection of villages, nothing special, some I bought, my parents gave me some and others are garage sale finds. I have not started any of Tim's tag!!! Speaking of, your take on Tim's tag is fabulous! Love the beads! Have a wonderful day!

debs14 said...

How cute is that little egg! The patience that must have gone into making that. Must be honest, I prefer low key decorating, I can get away with it now that the kids are older but when they were young it was like a glitter wonderland in our house!

Kristin said...

your little mini is adorable, what a treasure. And your fireplace looks so inviting :)

Love the tag, the beads are too cool!

Cheryl said...

Lovely nativity sets Rhinda and lovely tim tag as well x

Anonymous said...

I have just one Nativity set. We bought it just after we were married. Your fireplace is gorgeous and so is that beaded tag!