Sunday, September 12, 2010

What's your horoscope? (Art Journal Page)

I'm teaching an art journal class this month, and I needed to come up with some prompts.  One of my favorite prompts is: "What's your horoscope today?"  Here's the page I made in response. It reads:  "Daily Horoscope:  Three stars revolve in the orbit of your love. Live gently." Painted background; confined collage stars and hearts; stamp from Club Scrap's Artifact collection; pastels used to color and highlight.  I'm a Pisces, by the way. While I'm not a big follower of the daily advice given in horoscopes, I have found people born under certain signs sometimes fit the typical qualities of their sign.  Pisces are supposed to be imaginative, sensitive, compassionate and intuitive. I've always thought these fit me.  I did a layout  once about the kids' signs:  Taurus and Gemini, and I thought their personalities "fit" the typical characteristics of their signs, too.  So, what's your sign? 

11 comments:

Amy said...

I'm a Scorpio, and mostly I fit the characteristics but, generally I have to say I don't take a lot of notice!
Another great idea Rinda :-)

Margi said...

I'm a Libra through and through. I spend way too much time trying to balance the scales for myself and everyone around me.
Love your page!

helena said...

love the page. I'm a gemini - don't read daily horoscope but do recognise myself in the descriptions for the sign

Sian said...

I'm "on the cusp" between Leo and Cancer, sometimes I'm one, sometimes the other.

scrappyjacky said...

I'm a cancer...and I do fit some of the typical 'qualities'....but I'm not really convinced by it.
Do love the page you've made though....very gentle colours.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous art page! Love the horoscope theme!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Taurus, and many of the standard characteristics fit me, but I don't think I've ever been particularly stubborn or "bull-headed."

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love your journal page, Rinda, and this post regarding horoscopes ;o) I'm a Taurus, through and through: practical, reliable, loyal and stubborn!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I'm a Cancer & my life seems to go in cycles of fitting it and not fitting it

humel said...

I'm a Leo - I guess my fiery temper fits! ;-) And The Girl is a Taurus, and she is definitely stubborn and bullish. The Doctor and The Boy are both Sagittarius but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean - we've never really taken much notice to be honest!

cookcreateread said...

Love this page! What a great idea for a prompt!