Friday, September 24, 2010

Bedroom Secrets (altered book spread)

For the altered book round robin in which I'm participating, I'm working in "The Book of Secrets." I decided to use the Tim Holtz Agate on Grunge technique featured in this week's Studio L3  Compendium of Curiosities Challenge to create my pages about bedroom secrets behind locked doors.  I started by painting the pages black.  For the first page, I used gold, eggplant and rust alcohol inks on the grunge.  For the second page, I used brighter colors to show the wilder side of this couple:
Now that I see this in real life, I think I'll go back and paint the dolls a bit and add a little bling to the black background.  I left a few choice words un-gesso'd that are within the spirit of the page!  I was really surprised by how different the grunge board could appear when different colors were applied.  I hope Cindy likes her page!

8 comments:

laurie said...

i love the contrast between the two pages - fun both visually and in spirit. you did a great job with the grunge board.

Sian said...

I love the idea of the ungesso-ed words and what a fascinating theme for your pages. It certainly got me thinking..

Netty said...

Brilliant pages, I love your thinking. Agate is great as well, but am just so in love with your images.......lol x

Yelowflower said...

you did such a good job on these pages...I love when you leave words out like that and they actually go with the theme.

Amy said...

These are both very cool Rinda - I love where you art takes you!

Linda Ledbetter said...

How clever!!! Rinda, this is an awesome, fun and completely wonderful work of art, and you've once again shown your incredible talent for design! The "Behind Locked Doors" theme is brilliant-- and I love how your prim and proper couple get to show off their freaky side in the Book of Secrets!

Great job on the agate technique. Those colors look fabulous against the black background.

Terry said...

Love them both! The effect is so realistic on the keys and lock! Such fun and interesting pieces!

humel said...

Gosh, the inked grungeboard looks amazing! I'm very impressed :-)