Monday, September 27, 2010

Frida's Dream (arches and birds)

The theme at Something Completely Different this month has been arches.  I've peeked at the different subthemes but haven't had a chance to play along.  Until this week, when the subtheme was birds.  Here's an art journal page I made with an arch and a bird.  I made it using a picture of an arch from the glass museum in Muron, Italy as my inspiration.  You can see that picture here. The other inspiration is Frida Kahlo and her style. I learned to use other artists for inspiration in a wonderful class taught by Dina Wakley, and I was thrilled to read that she's got a new art journaling class scheduled to start in late October.  I'll definitely be there for that one!

4 comments:

Sian said...

Cool arch Rinda. I see in my Studio Calico kit this month there will be a pack of chipboard window shapes - I had no clue what I was going to do with them, but now you have got me thinking. Hurrah :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Beautiful, Rinda. Love the little birds...are they from a Martha Stewart punch?

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I missed a Frida Kahlo show in Philadelphia while Sarah was living in Princeton. I've always regretted it. Have you read Barbara Kingsolver's Lacuna? It's supposed to have Frida Kahlo as one of the characters. It's one of those books on my shelf that I haven't gotten to yet.

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

Love the addition of the Lord's Prayer. Hope you are well sweet friend.