Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stampotique Goes Vintage

Regular readers will know that I really like Stampotique stamps, especially their quirky, snarky girls.  The current challenge at their challenge blog is to create a vintage card with a Stampotique stamp. So, I chose one of their sweeter stamps called "crafter" and paired it with some vintage lace and grunge flowers.  I was happy to be able to play with grunge flowers because it's been the only challenge I've missed so far in Studio L3's Compendium of Curiousities Challenge series.  The current challenge is running for two weeks, so I decided to play catch up. I think I was originally scared away from these because I thought they were going to be the spectacular (but difficult) grunge roses.  These flowers are much easier!  I think this also fits the current color challenge at my other favorite challenge blog - Gingersnap Creative.  The challenge is neutrals, plus one color. So, which do you prefer - snarky or sweet?

17 comments:

Amy said...

I like this one - she looks quirky enough for me and she really suits a vintage look. I like what you have done with the challenge idea and this is a great colour pallette.

Sue said...

I like this too, gentle and vintagey, but still with the Stampotique charachter and humour x

Margi said...

I just love those quirky girls and what you do with them. Very kewl!

Sian said...

A bit of both! Isn't snarky just a great word? I love your colour palette too.

laurie said...

i love the pink and brown color combo. and this girl is interesting in that she could fit several personality descriptions. you are so creative the way you combine different challenges in one project!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love this color combo, Rinda, and the flowers are awesome on this piece!

Kaz said...

This is such a lovely card, so pretty with buttons on your flowers.
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique x

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is really gorgeous.
Fantastic card. Love it.

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, love those grunge flowers and I'm so happy you found time to join us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

Willy said...

What a fabulous vintage card! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 16.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful bintage card love it x

Anonymous said...

Even this sweet one makes me smile!

Capescrapper said...

This came out super! LOVE THE COLORS!

And I guess I am more sweet!

Moniqui said...

I love the colors and those flowers are just yumm!

Anonymous said...

Cool card! Love your flowers!

humel said...

lol! Great card :-) Me, I'm sweet with snarky undercurrents ;-)

Ali Manning said...

Fun card, Rinda - thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!