Monday, September 13, 2010

Destination (art journal page)

I taught an art journaling class on Sunday.  It was so much fun but pretty exhausting as well.  During class, I try mainly to focus on my students. But I have found that it can be helpful to them if I am also creating and working on a piece of art. I finished this page in class, and I really like it.  Very different for me; not really sure where it came from, other than the need to demonstrate a variety of techniques.  Journaling reads, "Are you destined to  become a cowboy or an indian? Follow your muse to find your destination."  Background is mainly spry inks over some stencils. Stenciled the horseshoe with purple paint, and I punched the butterflies out of some paper I painted purple.  I love punches, and they're the supply challenge this month at Gingersnap Creative.  Go check it out if you get a chance.

10 comments:

Amy said...

The title is what is grabbing my eye on this piece Rinda, as always, the journaling is thoughtful and provocative.
The classes sound like they are going really well. Apart from the content and location, do you find your teaching style to be vastly different from your 'day' job?

Margi said...

Glad the class went well and your reward is amazing of course!

Sian said...

A really interesting one: there is definitely more to be explored here Rinda. Did you decide which you are? or what the main differences are? I love the images you have used on this page too.

scrappyjacky said...

It poses such an interesting question....like Sian, I think there is more to be explored here.

laurie said...

a very thought provoking page. i love the horseshoe stencil and the cat.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Great page, Rinda. The first thing that caught my eye was the cute cat. And I absolutely love the trail of butterflies...must remember that one... xo

humel said...

Great question! I love the spritzed background and the path of butterflies :-)

Anonymous said...

The cat and the horseshoe were also the first things that caught my eye. It's an interesting question, and certainly not one I would have ever come up with!

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

I love the cat!!!

Ali Manning said...

What a gorgeous page, Rinda!