Thursday, May 28, 2015

Visiting in an Enchanted Garden

About a half hour from my home is a beautiful estate called Filoli. It is surrounded by gorgeous gardens.
Yesterday I had the great good fortune to meet my friend Alison of Life in the Slow Lane who was visiting from Spain. We have met twice before (once in Spain and once here in California), and we always enjoy our time together.
We wandered through the gardens, sharing laughter and stories , before having lunch at the cafe. I learned that one of Alison's favorite flower is this one:
It's an aquilegia, commonly known as columbine or granny's bonnet. Besides visiting with Alison, it was also wonderful to spend time with my camera. I have many more photographs to share over the next few weeks. But, today, I just wanted to say "Thanks Alison for coming to visit and giving me a great reason to go visit Filoli!"

11 comments:

Sian said...

How very lovely! You both look like you enjoyed your time together very much.

I had Ruth visiting me yesterday..and an excellent time was had by all

helena said...

looks fabulous and so nice to see the two of you - must be the week for blog friend visits - I'm meeting several this weekend

Kat said...

What a gorgeous garden, Rinda! It's quite nice when you can find quiet peaceful green spaces, isn't it?

scrappyjacky said...

Great to see you with Alison....and the garden looks gorgeous.

Karen said...

What a beautiful garden, and how much fun to share it with Alison.

alexa said...

I am always delighted when I see blog friends meeting up - it reminds me that all these little realities we inhabit can indeed coincide. Your enjoyments shines through and what a beautiful setting. Sounds Italianate ...

debs14 said...

I love seeing pictures of blog friends meeting up - especially when long distances have been travelled! Looks like an ideal venue for a lovely third time meeting.

~*~Patty S said...

Looks and sounds like a really lovely time!
Happy beginning of the weekend.
oxo

Becky said...

So lovely to see. Log friends meeting up. And a beautiful garden too!

Alison said...

I'm just catching up on my blog reading...this brought a real smile to my face...it was indeed a lovely afternoon in great company and beautiful surroundings xx

Gail said...

So happy you and Alison got to visit each other and Filoli - I've always wanted to go there, well since I first heard of it on The Victory Garden.