Sunday, May 3, 2015

Amanda's May Scrapbook Challenge: Guest Designer!

Amanda of Amanda's Scrapbook Pages runs a monthly Scraplift Challenge. I have been participating for the last few months because I find her sketches very appealing and really helpful to jumpstart my scrapping. She asked me to be her Guest Designer for the May challenge, and I happily accepted. I would love it if you came to join us this month and play along. You can enter the challenge here. The more the merrier!
Amanda's May layout (above) was a bit of a challenge for me because it only featured two 4x6 photographs, and I usually scrap 3-5 photos per page and almost always make a double page layout. But I did have just a few photographs from a birthday celebration that I thought would work perfectly. My background paper was much more busy than Amanda's so I ended up with more matting to make sure the photographs didn't get lost. I also used two cropped photos to substitute for the second 4x6 photo. I also added washi tape, as well as paper strips on the left side of the layout. On the whole, I really like the result! Thanks Amanda!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A great layout challenge - I like her original layouts & the way you changed it up to suit your photos & supplies!

scrappyjacky said...

It works really well....love your colours.

Sian said...

I like how you made it work for you. As Jacky says: great colours