Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Peek Inside my Art Journal

I had some spare time today, and I decided to do some work in my art journal. This is a page thinking about my daughter's plan to study abroad this summer in Peru. I started with a heavily textured orange and blue background. I drew South America free-hand and then covered the rest of the page with white paint before adding ephemera and journaling.
And here's a page I did in my travel art journal a few weeks ago when I went to visit my son in Oregon. It features a group of flags on a flag pole, each representing something on my mind at that time.
Even though I set an intention to focus on photography this month, it's nice to continue with other artistic pursuits like art journaling and photography as well.

6 comments:

Sian said...

Peru? Wow..how exciting is that?!

scrappyjacky said...

Peru sounds great.

Karen said...

Love the page about the possibility of studying in Peru. How exciting that would be!

alexa said...

Wow, Peru sounds like a great experience ... You will be visiting, of course!

GalleryJuana said...

Great journal pages and I love your idea with the flags to document what was on your mind.

Gail said...

Oh how exciting for her!