Friday, May 15, 2015

Scrapbook Friday: Companion Pages

This year, I'm recommitting to scrapbooking and sharing my pages on Fridays here on my blog. I'm currently working my way through my photographs from 2014. As regular blog readers know, I usually scrap double page layouts and put lots of photographs on each page.  But sometimes I only have enough photos for a single page. On those occasions, I might make two very different pages. Or I might make a companion page.
Like this one, about building our chicken coop. They are somewhat related, in that Clara did start her egg business as part of FFA (the subject of the first layout). I used matching color blocked backgrounds on both, but different stickers to distinguish them.
So, what do you do? Are you a one page scrapper? A double-page spread scrapper? Do you worry about how your single pages look next to each other?

13 comments:

Cheri said...

I do a lot of single page layouts and don't worry at all about what might end up next to them in an album.

Sian said...

Exactly what Cheri said!

It's good to see a page about the chicken business

scrappyjacky said...

I usually do single pages....but occasionally a double layout.

Melissa said...

These looks great. As you know, I scrap single and double and all sizes, and I really don't worry about how they look beside each other.

alexa said...

Scrapping the very start of the chicken business sounds an important thing to do. Lovely coop! When I began scrapbooking I only ever did double pages, but it mattered a lot less as time went by.

Karen said...

I gave up worrying about how two pages looked next to one another years ago. When I look back now, none of it matters at all!

Susanne said...

I rarely do two page layouts - I like the quickness of a single layout - it requires much less planning ;-) Sometimes I will make companion pages - one for my son's albums and one fro my daughters. Your pages look great.

Lou said...

i scrap mainly single pages and don't worry at all about what goes next to them. I have just finished a double layout. the first one in a long long time.

Barbara said...

I do single pages and put them in between my project life pages. I don't usually worry about them matching.

Linda said...

Lovely pages! Love how you've colour coordinated the companion pages, and that the subjects coordinate too. I generally do single pages - especially now I mostly do PL pages. I use d ring albums, so find a double page spread can look a bit funny with the big gap in the middle. but I guess that isn't a problem when you are doing 'companion' pages.

LUCYG said...

I do it exactly like you. Mostly two-page layouts, and if I only have enough photos and memorabilia for one page, then I either make a coordinating but different facing page ... or sometimes I just add a coordinating 12x12 paper I like to look at in the facing pocket.

And I am still hoping to be able to sign up for email notices when you post. :) Thank you!!

Missus Wookie said...

I like how you've balanced the design between the two and yet distinguished between them too. I scrap whatever takes my fancy and don't worry about where it will end up. Photo books or mini albums on the other hand I design start to finish.

Gail said...

I like how you were able to co-ordinate them so well. I usually do double pages as well so singles are a bit of a puzzle for me when putting them with something else.