Friday, May 1, 2015

Scrapbook Friday: Inspiration for Holiday Layouts

I'm continuing to enjoy scrapbooking this year, and I'm working my way through my photographs from 2014. I'm realizing that the quality of a lot of the photos is not that great because so many of them were taken with my iphone. But I'm still  happy to be getting them done, and I like my "Scrapbook Friday" meme because it keeps me on track. It can be a challenge, though, to stay inspired. So, I'm always happy when I find inspiration. This layout was actually inspired by this layout on Melissa's blog and the use of all those brads by her layout here. Melissa's always got a lot going on at her blog, and it's worth checking out if you've never been there.
This layout, featuring photographs from our annual trip to the tree farm was inspired by a recent paper purchase. I bought the Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Merriment" paper stash and then mixed and matched papers from the stash for this layout. I often find new supplies to be very inspiring!
Speaking of inspiration, the wonderful Jennifer Grace is hosting another (FREE) blog event in two weeks. It's called "Focus Your Craft and Soul" and you can read details about it at this link. Her events always offer a ton of inspiration, and I'll be playing along. There's even a give-away open if you go check out the announcement link.
Since I'm always looking for inspiration, I'd appreciate any you have to share!

6 comments:

Sian said...

The great thing for me about the iphone is that it takes the pressure off to produce a really great picture. It is what it is and I think I have more photos because of it. These are well worth scrapbooking :)

Melissa said...

This post just makes me so happy - it makes my day knowing that I've provided some INSPIRATION! (Thanks for the shout-out!) And your Halloween layout turned out great with the spider web background. I really like those papers on the tree farm layout, but it's those wonderful family-day-out photos that capture the essence of the day!

Karen said...

I have photos taken with my iPhone that can't be distinguished from those with the SLR. I'm always surprised by that. Like you, new products can definitely inspire me, and so do the many projects I see on the blogs I follow.

scrappyjacky said...

These photos all look great to me. I rarely take photos on my phone, but now that I have a newer i-phone,I think I need to try and use it more.

Linda said...

Great pages Rinda! I have taken loads on my new Smasung phone this year but have yet to print any. I think they might be better printed smaller for the 3 x 4 pockets in my PL album.

Anonymous said...

These look great. Glad that you're loving doing your scrapbooking. We have some iPhone pictures that you honestly would think are DSLR plus you don't have the weight of the big camera and its lenses.