Friday, May 22, 2015

Scrapbook Friday: Scrapping from a Sketch

I'm continuing to scrap (currently working on photos from 2014) and sharing layouts on my blog on Friday. Most of my layouts are grids or modified grids. But occasionally I like to mix it up and use sketches to break me out of my rut. I found this sketch over at Stick it Down. It features photos from Mom's Weekend at my son's fraternity last year. We had a fun time, but I didn't really have that many photos. I started with an assortment of green and yellow photos because those are the colors of the University of Oregon. I added touches of blue to pull everything together. Stick it Down has three sketches a month - a one page layout, a two page layout and a card. Have you visited there before? Know any other good sketch sites?

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the colours you've used here....and how it's all been pulled together.

Karen said...

The colors are great, and the photos work perfectly with them. I used to know some sketch sites, but now that I do Project Life, I don't follow many scrapping sites. A sketch is always a big help when I'm looking for inspiration for cards.

Sian said...

I'm not much of a sketch user but I certainly like the results from this one.

I remember your post about this weekend, and wondering what it would be like if we had something similar here.

Gail said...

I love how you've used the school colours in this one. It's great that you're managing to get scrapbooking done with that schedule I just read.