Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rethinking 29 Faces

I've been participating in Ayala's 29 Faces Challenge, but I was starting to get stressed because I was falling behind.  So, I gave myself permission to create 21 Faces instead of 29 and I felt so much better. In my more relaxed state, I created faces #12, 13, 14 and 15.  I started with these two faces because I wanted to focus on lips and eyes. I think the key to lips may be that there needs to be shading and highlights. And I think I need to work on making my eyes bigger.
Then, I moved on to trying to incorporate faces into art journal pages, and I came up with this page using a watercolor face:
Finally, I created the page up top,which was my favorite. It feels really good to be art journaling again, and I'm really happy to find a way to start incorporating my faces on my pages.

13 comments:

Amy said...

It won't matter how many there are, it's enjoying the process that is important!

Margi said...

I absolutely love how you are incorporating faces into your pages and Squishy always says lips look right when they are drawn/painted/colored as shaded,,,then they look natural no matter their shape! Great work on the faces AND even better giving yourself permission to do it your way and enjoy the process!

helena said...

love the first piece - it looks like your style

scrappyjacky said...

I love the living doll face....and it's great to see you beginning to incorporate the faces into your pages.

Sian said...

Quality is always going to be better than quantity - a good decision I think :) Especially as it looks as if you are having a lot of fun with these

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter how many you make. It's fun!!

Alison said...

Well done for making the course more achievable for you!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

It's the process that counts, and you've made such wonderful progress doing these. I love the living doll!

The Mann Fam said...

I love the top journal page with the face incorporated into the picture.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Wonderful looking pages! I think I like the last one best

Ginger said...

Rinda - I have been enjoying watching you create your faces and love that you are incorporating them into your pages. It's been a few years since I have drawn anything - but I did pick up a set of pencils the other day at Michaels, so perhaps that will change :)
thanks for stopping by today Rinda - the photo of my brother is my favorite :)

manomij said...

I am glad you have allowed yourself to do less faces and kept with it. You have done such a great job it would have been a shame not to see more.

Ayala Art said...

As many as you want, as finished as you can... anything is fine, as long as you are having fun ☺