Tuesday, February 21, 2012

art journal/art diary (and faces 16 and 17)

It's been a while since I used my art journal as an art diary to just record some of the daily stuff going on around the house, but I made these pages recently doing just that.  The main page is about the fact that Henry is doing a bunch of college tours this week. The kids have the week off school for what is normally called "ski week," but since there's been so little snow, we didn't go skiing.  I made this page about the lack of rain and snow this year:
Henry's not sure what he wants to do in college (or afterwards), but he does not he's not a math and science guy.  I made the following page to recognize that revelation:
The last two pages incorporate faces #16 and #17 from the 29 21 Faces Challenge I'm doing.  I kindof like the whimsical nature of the last one - he's the mad scientist which Henry will never be! LOL! 

11 comments:

helena said...

loving how you are incorporating the faces as an integral part of the journal page

Cheri said...

My thought was the same as Helena's - I love that you are taking what you are learning and incorporating it into other regular parts of your creativity.

Sian said...

I can only echo what the others have said.

Today we had to go into school and choose TSO's subjects for her GCSE exams. Turns out she is the scientist in our family!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I agree with the previous comment, whereby you are incorporating the faces, something which you are learning.
Wishes
Lynne

Ayala Art said...

I love the orange color there!

alexa said...

That face is just perfect for your page! How nice to see your artwork slipping into other corners of your life.

Amy said...

Yes, I'd like to echo the sentiments of other comentators today as well, it is lovely to see your 'faces' making their place within your art!

laurie said...

great pages! i never liked science, or understood it's premise, until i took a biology class in college. who knows....

Carola Bartz said...

Your houses are really cute - and it reminds me that I haven't done anything in my art journal.
I'm a face behind...

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Cool pages, Rinda. LOVE the house one representing the different colleges Henry is considering.

Remember when we did that house blog hop? It was so much fun, and I still have my house sitting on a shelf in my craft room!

HeARTworks said...

My favorite is the first layout! It's great! Patsy from
HeARTworks