Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week in A Life Art Journal Day 5 (Boy with a Ball)

This week, inspired by Ali Edwards' Week in a Life project, I'm featuring pages from my Art Journal which reflect typical, daily activities.  They are examples of using an art journal as a visual diary.  This entry reflects a day of the boy's baseball life.  In fact, I blogged about it here.  I find it interesting to compare how it's represented in these two different formats. The background is paint over textured gesso. Image includes a heritage picture from my collection. Numbers stenciled with paint. Gesso stamped with bubble wrap and buttons, then tinted with paint.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I like the idea of using bubble wrap - I've heard of it before but never tried the technique - this is one of my favourite colour combinations :-)

Sian said...

I really love this page Rinda..the colours and the sentiment are just perfect.

Crafting Queen said...

Love the colours, super background. ANesha

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful title, and page. I love reading about your techniques--things I'd probably never think to do but work out so wonderfully.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm taking a class at the end of May and one of the items on the supply list is gesso. I've never used it before, so I'm excited to be able to play with it and see what it's about. I love the way it enhances this page you did, Rinda! And I just LOVE the colors on this one.

humel said...

Gorgeous colours! Love that gesso stamping, too xx

scrappyjacky said...

You always manage to use such wonderful colours,Rinda.

Catherine said...

A lovely way to do Ali's class. Your pages are beautiful. I, too, am doing the Week In A Life. Right now am doing the photos, will do layouts next week.

I was in Shimelle's class but was traveling a lot so was not very active on MB. But sure liked it :)
Catherine

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love the background texture in this!

Kristin said...

Rinda, totally agree with the above, The textures are beautiful! I just used the bubble wrap technique but yours is much prettier :) Great LO!