Monday, April 19, 2010

Week in A Life Art Journal Day 2 (Raising a Daughter)

This week, inspired by Ali Edwards' Week in a Life project, I'm featuring pages from my Art Journal which reflect typical, daily activities.  They are examples of using an art journal as a visual diary. I love my daughter with all my heart, but we also experience all the battles that come along with raising an adolescent girl.  Painted background.  Image from a photo I took of graffiti art in Paris. Embellishments include magic mesh, hearts stamped in paint, phrases from an ATC pack, and gesso stenciled and stamped over journaling.  You can click on the image to enlarge it and read the snarky sayings on the journaling strips!

11 comments:

Sian said...

That's very cool graffiti..it's got a "Scream" quality to it and it works perfectly in this context! Beautiful page.

scrappyjacky said...

I can certainly identify with the screams alongside the hearts in relationships with adolescent/teenage girls!!!

Lizzie said...

I love the sunny, happy colours, the hearts and "screams" and the gesso embellishment. It's a great page, Rinda!

Amy said...

This made me laugh out loud! I have some fun times ahead of me .... oh dear ;-)

sharyncarlson said...

Love the colors in this piece. I think both my mom and I both had that look on our face at least once during my teen years ;)

Elizabeth said...

It's a beautiful page! You also have my sympathy in raising an adolescent. It is worth it in the end.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I'm smiling because I can relate! I love this page, Rinda. :o)

Denise said...

I love the idea of this,great to use it as a visual diary- very inspiring :-)

Anonymous said...

love that page, Rinda, my snarky daughter and i are right there with you :)

Mariana

Lauren said...

Beautiful as always! I love how you decided to play along with Ali! I should play along, but I never can seem to "get with" the program! LOL

Anonymous said...

I had a LOL moment when I read those snarky sayings. I can't tell you the number of times I used #1.