Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week in A Life Art Journal Day 4 (Report Card)

This week, inspired by Ali Edwards' Week in a Life project, I'm featuring pages from my Art Journal which reflect typical, daily activities.  They are examples of using an art journal as a visual diary. DD Clara struggles a bit with school. Since I was sick for much of the third quarter of her term I was not able to help her as much as usual and was unsure about how she would do. Painted background. Clip art images. Purple paint stamped onto top, using various rubber stamps and bubble wrap.
ETA:  Some of you have asked about what I'm working in for my visual diary.  I'm using the blue savoir faire artist's book described by Dina in this post.  It is hardbound and has fifty 6x8.5" pages.  I really like it. Unfortunately, it looks like Dick Blick is sold out of them!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Well done Clara :-)
It's hard when we can't help our kids through all of their ups and downs - you had a good excuse though!

debs14 said...

I've always believe that it is important to concentrate on whether a child is reaching their person optimum ability rather than concentrating on grades. Missing out on periods of school time are tough but she will make up for lost time and it sounds like she is doing just fine!

Sian said...

Well done Clara :) It's always hard to know how much help to give isn't it? It sounds like she managed just fine!

Elizabeth said...

Like this page because I am in love with forms. Anything that has lines to write on and boxes to check is definitely my kind of thing.

humel said...

Good for Clara! And good for you, another great page - love the stamping with paint xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Wonderful page! I love the stamping! Glad Clara did well

Lizzie said...

Isn't it great when we've had to give lots of support to our child, then for some reason we can't help - and they get on with it and do really well, all on their own? I've had this happen with J. (when I was injured this happened a few times). He comes up trumps every time - it's so encouraging for me and for him.
It shows that the support you have been giving has been good and she is learning to "fly solo".

Well done, Clara and Rinda!