Sunday, December 15, 2013

Holiday Crafting: Birdhouse Ornaments

Amid the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I'm grabbing bits of time here and there to do a little holiday crafting. Andria of Drawing Near posted here and here about super cute little birdhouses she got from Art by Heather. I hustled over and got myself a few kits because Heather's store is closing (today, I think!).
I decided to substitute my own ephemera for what Heather had included because I wanted to make birdhouses that could be used for Christmas tree ornaments. I give each of my Goddaughters an ornament each year and these were perfect! They were super easy to make and really got me into the holiday spirit. They're really tiny (you can see their size relative to  a standard die in the package).
I'm keeping the St. Nick birdhouse but will be gifting the ornaments. Have you had a chance to do any holiday crafting? Is it for yourself or to give away? 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are so cute Rinda. No I haven't had time to do any crafting of any sort the past few weeks it seems and I can't figure out why. :)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Oh, these are just adorable Rinda. I love them. I've been doing quite a bit of Christmas crafting, here and there, when I can grab a few minutes of the kitchen table being empty!
PS I hopped over to Andria's blog and now I have that song in my head!

Miriam said...

I deco patched some little houses for my in-laws, they looked so pretty too. I am finishing the last card for the last package to go into the post tomorrow. I seem to have been crafting for weeks and this year actually made some things for my own tree.

Beverly said...

These are adorable. It seems everything I have done up to this point has been to sell. This week will be a lot of creating for loved ones. After Christmas day I plan to spend a week organizing and creating for me.

helena said...

they are adorable. I've been crocheting amigurumi as gifts which I've really enjoyed

Sian said...

The little houses are beautiful. You know how much I love anything house related!

I knitted that little sweater for the swap and told myself I would try to make a few more, but I haven't got round to it yet

Karen said...

These are beautiful. I made something similar as a tie-on for a bird-inspired gift a few years ago. I have some crafting to share, but no time to take photos or post them!

scrappyjacky said...

Very cute,Rinda.....I have managed a little christmas crafting.....but not a lot this year.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Those are adorable!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

These are so cute, Rinda! I had a pattern that was really similar to these and a playing card was used for the rooftop. LOVE the use of your ephemera for these!

Sandie said...

I love these Rinda, so cute!! I bought a Tim Holzt die recently and thought I could make these houses into a 3D version. Even more inspired now I have seen yours.

Lynda said...

Rinda, Love those tiny birdhouses! Way cute. This reminds me that I need to get going on my ornament for hubby.

BJ said...

Houses seem to be the in thing at the moment, love yours. BJ

Lou said...

oooh these are cuties!

sky-blu-pink said...

Oh how sweet are these?!