Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dec. Daily: Christmas at the Humane Society

One of the things I'm enjoying about my December Daily album is the way I am capturing how the holidays are being celebrated at the places where we live our regular, ordinary lives.  For instance, Clara and I go the the Peninsula Humane Society every week to walk dogs and care for them in their kennels. When we went today, we found Santa there posing with pets!
During a break, he offered to take photos with volunteers, and I couldn't resist capturing a visit with Santa.
Even Clara was game!
Have you noticed how your everyday, routine places are dressing up for the holidays? Have you gone to visit Santa?

11 comments:

Sian said...

This is so cute! I kind of feel I'm missing out now :) I have got the pictures of Little E visiting Santa on my desk for scrapbooking though

Cheri said...

How fun!

Susanne said...

What fun! Other than the stores, I haven't been paying enough attention. Thanks for opening my eyes.

alexa said...

I haven' noticed much in the way of change in our town but have enjoyed seeing your lovely poses!

scrappyjacky said...

That looks fun,Rinda.....I haven't seen one Santa yet.

Melissa said...

Cute photos! We haven't seen Santa this year, but in years past we've run in to him at a favorite eating place, on a holiday train ride, and this past summer at the Christmas Store in Pigeon Forge, TN - & we captured photos each time!

sky-blu-pink said...

We had our school Christmas Fayre last Friday evening, and Mr Rooke, our Chemistry teacher, was Santa!

Linda said...

Looks like fun! I am thinking of volunteering for our local dog's trust next year. Really missing my dog!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Adorable photos, Rinda! I always take a photo with Santa if the opportunity presents itself. :o)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Rinda.

Miriam said...

I've not seen Santa yet. I love it when he comes along our road on his sleigh... carols playing, bells ringing...