Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why I love my art friends . . .


So you may have seen this odd extra post over the weekend, an art journal page that I said was for a friend?
Were you wondering what the hell that was about? Well, here's the rest of the story.  When I was playing around in my art journal, that page "defy gravity," started to come together, and I decided to finish it up as a gift for an art friend whose 2010 word is "gravity."  I've been saving it for her, to surprise here.  Well, unbeknownst to me, she was busily  making me this very cool charm!  In case you can't read the quote, it says, "Bring me that horizon." Capt. Jack Sparrow.  She posted these pictures on her blog over the weekend!  How cool is that!  After I saw what she had done, I had to post her surprise, too.  I think it's amazing!  And that's why I love my art friends . . .

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

How cool is that. Love that you both were working on surprises.

Lizzie said...

It's great to have friends with whom you are on the same wavelength and who can connect with your passions and interests. Mind you, it's a bit spooky to be so in tune that you both produce gifts for the other, at exactly the same time! Still, it's lovely all the same.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the charm....so perfect...you must both be telepathic....or something!!!

humel said...

lol! Clearly great minds think alike ;-)

Sian said...

Creative friends who just "get" each other are the best! Beautiful pieces, both of them.

Amy said...

All of my crafty friends have said exactly what I would have - clearly we are all on the same 'wavelength' as well :-) Enjoy the charm - it is a lovely gift.

debs14 said...

I love hearing about coincidences like this, how strange that you were both working on something for each other at the same time. You are obviously in tune with one another!

sharyncarlson said...

Wow, what a happy surprise and great story! The charm is beautiful :)