Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Inchies & Twinchies & Blogs with Prizes


I love winning prizes!  Recently, I found a wonderful new blog that runs lots of contests with very cool prizes.  It's called Sunflowers and Dragonflies, and a recent challenge was to incorporate  inchies or twinchies into a project.  Inchies are little 1x1 pieces of artwork, and twinchies are 2x2 pieces of artwork.  I made a set of twinchies, using photos I took at an exhibit at the Academy of Sciences on human facial features, a masked and spray-inked background, and painted grungeboard.  You can see the full set of twinchies here.  I used one of the twinchies on this art journal page with a messy, collagey, spray ink and torn paper background.


Here's a card I made with some inchies.  These were very simple to make, but I think they turned out great.  I cut grungeboard into 1x1 inch squares, inked up a collage stamp (Stampers Anonymous) with water-proof ink, and then pressed the square onto an interesting portion of the stamp.  I colored the image with radiant pearls and a water brush.  They were so easy that I actually did them while supervising homework!

Want some more ideas for inchies and twinchies?  Check out this old post from Mel's blog during the Creative Circle blog hop.  Want someplace to win cool, non-crafting prizes?  Check out my friend Sonja's blog called hello beauty!  She always has fantastic give-aways and interesting beauty advice!

11 comments:

helena said...

lovely stuff as always. great quote - do you keep a collection or do you have a 'goto' website or book?

Sian said...

Rinda, do you ever sleep?! There is always something new you've created or found to look at. Which I love. And very often a quote I enjoy too. I hope you are feeling better!

Amy said...

Hi Rinda, I love today's quote as well - and I'm with Sian .... when do you sleep? Is the cold better now? Mine is much improved, only a slight tickle every now and then - thank goodness!
Your stamp stash seems to be prolific - is it? Or, are you a master of re-use and diguise?

Lizzie said...

Great stuff, Rinda! I like prizes too - I just won a "Tweet" (that little bird I posted in my blog last week). He arrived yesterday and is wonderful.

The "Inchies" are lovely things to include in other pieces of artwork. It's like looking through a little window and getting glimpses of what's outside.

I hope you're over that pesky cold/flu that you had. You seem to have recovered your creative energy anyway.

Thanks for the blog links.

scrappyjacky said...

More gorgeous artwork,Rinda....I just love all the stuff you do....and I love that quote as well.....not sure that I could work with anything as small as an inch myself.
Am completely with you on the prizes....have won a few myself....including, of course,the lovely ATCs from you.....it's great getting a little parcel of goodies in the post.

humel said...

Oh, love your art on a miniature scale :-)

I won a non-craft item last week lol... I shall blog about it when it arrives!

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog, Rinda, i'm always inspired. and sweet of you to mention Sonja :D

Mariana

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth Norman said...

Awesome work. I love your distressed bg. Lots of mediums and stuff going on. The eye is a cool idea to incorporate into your work. Your second card has more darling images, and all coloured. Great work. Thanks for playing along, and thank you for the most kind post you did today.

Hugs,

Beth

Kathy M said...

Love the measurements of inches and twinchies. This kind of reminds me of those squares we used to make way back when from collages. What were they called????

Sonja said...

Thanks for the shout out! It's been fun having so much cool stuff to give away. I've even got another giveaway in the queue with serums for face, body, and hair. Sweet. :)