Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ten at Fourteen-and-a-half


I did this layout in response to the Scrap Weekly in 2010 Challenge blog, where I'm one of the official "challengers."  The challenge was to include a list of 10 things, so I journaled ten things about my son, at 14.5 years old, to go with this high school freshman portrait. Nothing too flashy about the layout itself, but I'm glad to have documented his obsessions with music, facebook and texting girls, as well as the moment he became taller than me!  I made a companion layout about my daughter, and you can see it at the Challenge blog, here.

9 comments:

Lizzie said...

Smart layout! The one about your daughter is good too.
It's a great idea for a challenge - and I like your interpretation.

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful photograph and a great idea. I wish I had done one of these each year when my kids were growing up--of course, I didn't scrapbook then!

Sian said...

My son is 14, nearly 15, and he shares exactly the same obsessions! He is now almost a foot taller than me too. A great challenge!

humel said...

Lovely :-) I'm sure it won't be too long before my boy is taller than me! He's caught up with my mother already (and he's only 10...)

scrappyjacky said...

Great layout,Rinda....I wish I had been scrapbooking when my kids were younger....you can't do this type of layout in retrospect.
What are they putting in the water these days...all my kids tower over me.

debs14 said...

Great layout. It will be lovely to have something like that to look back on in years to come.

Amy said...

My six year old boy is sprouting by the minute .... won't be too much longer at this rate!
Love how you handwrote the journaling - I rarely do.

Unknown said...

Great LO, my 15 year son has been taller than me for the past year.

JO SOWERBY said...

what a fab idea for u to record and for him to look back on, hopefully without embarassment!!! he is a very handsome young man. my friends sons are all growing up. their youngest is 15 and a footballer and very mush into the things your son seems to enjoy. the other 2 are older and 1 is currently training in missionary work in namibia, the other is training as a royal marine.
Jo xxx