Saturday, January 9, 2010

2009 According to Our Scrapbook

We celebrated holidays:  Easter (complete with the traditional competition to see who could bat a boiled egg the farthest); Birthdays; and Halloween.






We visited family.




Henry played baseball, basketball and soccer.








Clara played basketball, swam like a fish and went to art classes.









And we had adventures, both near (rock climbing and music festivals) and far (Disneyland).





A tour through my scrapbook pages certainly captured a lot of what we did in 2009, but it also left out an awful lot.  Like what?  Come back tomorrow when I will share what I learned from this look backward, in terms of my scrapping style, our life in 2009 and what I want to make sure to include in my 2010 scrapbooks.

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Some great pages,Rinda....so full of photos....which I love.Can't wait to hear your plans for this year.
We are now in about 7 inches of snow....can't remember when we ever had so much!!

Lizzie said...

Rinda your scrap pages are great! I would love to do similar with our family pics in 2010. My 2009 scrapping was limited, due to my injury, but now I'm getting back to normal - just try and stop me!

I love all the colour and the many photos in your layouts. Just great!

helena said...

what a great exercise - interested to see what you missed and what you will be doing in 2010

Cheryl said...

Wonderful pages Rinda! I love the changes to your blog. Now I need to get back to scrapping also.

Anonymous said...

I love the layouts, and what an interesting excercise. Aside from the huge scrapbook I did of our cross-country roadtrip I don't feel like I did a lot of scrapping this year. I should take a look and see what I find. Another good exercise for the start of the year. Thanks.

debs14 said...

What a great post! You certainly packed a lot into 2009 and what a great way to document it all. I'd like to do the same this year even if it is just one page per month.
Looking forward to checking in with you tomorrow!

Sian said...

What a great round-up! It's lovely to see so many smiling faces and so much fun being had! I'm looking forward to your next post

humel said...

Oh, that's great - you may have missed out some stuff but you've got far more of your life documented here than I managed last year! Love the continuity in scrap style through the pages :-)

Kathy M said...

I'm sure I my scrapbooks tell a similar story. I'm not sure what else I could scrap right now.

Lauren said...

GREAT pages! They reflect a lovely and full life!

I particularly like the uses of the "b"s on your baseball page!