Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Snap: Japanese Street Hole Covers

While traveling in Japan, the variety of street hole covers caught my eye. I decided to take pictures of them in the hopes of turning them into an entry for Helena's weekly photo meme called "Snap!" that features a visual set of photographs. The first photo was taken in Tokyo on the street where our hotel was located; the second features deer and was taken in Nara, home to a park full of wild, sacred deer (blog post coming sometime this summer).The third was taken near an amazing bamboo forest (blog post coming sometime this summer); and the last was a fairly typical one taken in Kyotoa (but I loved the characters).
Thanks Helena for hosting this meme. It's something that I do think about and have created other sequences for almost every week, even if they didn't make their way to my blog. 

6 comments:

helena said...

I love these kinds of details in travel photos - lovely that there are deer for the deer park

Ruth said...

Part of the joy of travel ... noticing the differences!

Karen said...

Beautiful and fascinating!

Sian said...

I'm delighted to see I'm not the only one who photographs manhole covers! I found some cool ones in Stockholm. Not quite as cool as these ones, though

Lady Ella said...

I too went through a phase of photographing Japanese manhole covers. They do have some lovely ones. Glad to hear you had such a good time.

Miriam said...

These are gorgeous Rinda. Hope you had a great holiday.