Friday, June 24, 2016

Enjoying an (un)planned summer

Wild Heart - found at the beach
For the first summer in a long time, I'm approaching the holiday without too many plans. I often teach or have big plans to write or travel or do other work. But this summer, I didn't sign up for any much of that. Sure, I've got a few things to do, here and there, but mainly I have time to do whatever I want or to do nothing at all. And I'm really enjoying it.
Wild Heart - found on the bluffs
So what have I been doing?
Cleaning out the garage and doing some light gardening - both feel very satisfying. 
A little reading, but not as much as I would like.
A lot of TV watching - binge watching Justified (OMG - this show is so good; I'll be sad when I finish it this weekend) and Bloodline (season 2 not as good as season 1, but I enjoy sharing this with Henry) and soccer, soccer, soccer (Euros and Copa Centenario)!
A little blogging (again not as much as I would like).
A lot of photo scavenger hunting (including my finds for item #1 a wild heart).
Some scrapbooking (traditional and photobook)
What am I still looking forward to this summer?
More scrapbooking, sketching and art journaling
Getting reacquainted with my camera and lightroom
More blogging and reading
More home improvement (hardwood floors downstairs and cleaning the upstairs rugs)
And, today, I'm heading to a class with Tim Holtz!
Enjoying this (un)planned summer so far. What about you? Did you make a summer plan? Or not? How's it going so far?

3 comments:

alexa said...

You have a great mix there of creative things and making your home nicer to live in ... Leaving lots of room and space in your days sounds like a perfect summer to me! Hoping you will fill us in on the Tom Holtz class ...

Sian said...

We have a summer with lots of coming and going. But I think that'll be nice before we settle down to our new normal of just the two of us at home.

Happy Summer

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer!

Mine has been fairly planned - this month we had 7-day family vacation & I had a 5-day girl's trip. In July, I'm teaching several times at different venues, so I have to stay organized and plan to have everything ready!