Thursday, June 23, 2016

Scarpbooking Variations: New Apps and Old Styles

#8 A Scrapbook Page or Art Project
I met some friends at the last remaining local scrapbook store last week and had a wonderful and productive time finishing the last of the pages for Henry's sports album. These pages are from his college soccer team's victorious trip to the national tournament.
Very traditional and basic pages made with cardstock and stickers. But that's the tone of his whole album. And I still have to add journaling. But I'm so proud of myself for getting caught up on this mammoth project. Plus, it ticks off item number 8 on the Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt. 
I still really enjoy making traditional paper scrapbook pages, and I'm looking forward to figuring out what photos I still have to scrap and which ones I need to print to scrap. 
But I'm also branching out into other types of scrapping, including:
  • shutterfly photo books - I'm working on uploading my photos from Japan there and will create a 12x12 hardcover book with those photos.
  • chatbooks app -  Deb Turtle's mentioned this app and shared a code for a free book (CFA6GXG7). It actually is free if you choose the slow shipping (which I did). I created a 60 page book with 60 photos from Henry's college life, all pulled from my iphone. I haven't received it yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it and will give a review once its here. I think he'll like the book, and he's not that quality conscious - LOL! Anyone else tried this yet?
  • I also got a notification for a new app called Parabo. If you use the code "amaze," you can get 25 free 4x4 photos. They're supposed to be on high quality matte paper, suitable for display. I did have to pay shipping for this one, so it wasn't actually free. But still reasonable, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they turned out. I printed my favorite 25 photos from Japan, and I'm thinking of matting them together in a grid and putting them on display somewhere (maybe the bathroom, actually!). Anyone else used this service? 

4 comments:

Sian said...

Next week I'm planning on finishing off a school album here - can't believe we've got to the page for the last year!- and it has a traditional look like this. It's great to see some sport pictures on the blog again. I haven't tried any printing from phone services yet; but I'm gathering up enough IG pics now to send off an order soon

alexa said...

You've done well to keep up with all these different projects - the blue and yellow is very striking.

Susanne said...

Your pages look great. I'm still working on finishing up stuff from my last crop.

Melissa said...

This page turned out great! Great job finishing up that project!

I've been creating Shutterfly photobooks for our road trips in recent years, although I still scrap some photos for our chronological albums.