Monday, June 6, 2016

Caravan Photo Then & Now and Thoughts on Returning to Blogging and Photography

Caravan Photo, 2013
2016 Item #6 A camper or caravan
When I put this item on the Scavenger Hunt list, I wasn't thinking about this vintage caravan that's parked around the corner from my house. I was mainly scrambling to come up with items that paralleled summer vacation ideas. But then I saw it when taking the dog for a walk and snapped a picture. It reminded me of when I first saw the caravan three years ago, took the top photo and wrote this post. 
Three years ago, I was a much more avid photographer and blogger. I spent more time with my camera and crafting words to tell stories and capture feelings. I miss that so much. 
And that's one of the reasons I decided, after much thought, to host the scavenger hunt again this summer. It's a great reminder to take photographs and visit blogland. I'm still working on getting 'round to visit blogs. I'm still working on figuring out whether my big camera works (it was treated as a chewtoy by the dogs one afternoon) and how to get photographs from it to the computer (my software was destroyed in my last hard drive reboot). But, those are all goals for the summer. ror now, I'm glad to be back to taking photos and blogging.
I know from reading blogs that there is an ebb and flow in being a blogger. Some people leave and return. Some leave and take to facebook and instagram. Some seem to disappear entirely. I'm glad that you haven't left blog space entirely. I value your friendship and your posts. And I'm glad to be back among you.

11 comments:

Maggie said...

Its good to see you back too. Your Scavenger Hunt two years ago is really what drew me into meeting lots of different bloggers. I am so grateful for that having met in a virtual way such a lot of wonderful people. I for one and I am pretty sure I can speak for many would have been so disappointed if there had not been another hunt this year.

Sandie said...

Good to see you back Rinda, I have been absent myself over the past few months other than posting my monthly neme. Facebook has been dominant but I get much more from blogging so I plan to refocus and get back into a routine myself again.
I am pleased to be part of the Scavenger Hunt again. I have done Project 365 for about 5 years and got to the point where I would download the photos and do nothing with them. It began to seem pointless so this year I have stopped this project. The problem is, it has also got me out of the routine of taking photos. Something else I love. It is hard maintaining a balance when other things take our time.

debs14 said...

I'm so pleased you decided to do the scavenger hunt again, I really look forward to it each summer! Pleased to see you back in blog land again, you've been missed x

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Aw! That was fun to follow your link and be reminded of my own sweet Fancy Jane! I totally understand about the ebb and flow of blogging, Rinda. I was wondering if you'd host the scavenger hunt this year for those very reasons. I'm so glad you are hosting again though, as it has fostered a renewed sense of photography wonder for me. I'm so inspired by it and it's such a great feeling. We'll just ride this little wave while we can, eh? Big hugs and much thanks to you, my friend! xo

Karen said...

And we're glad to have you back! You were missed and we are delighted to see the summertime scavenger hunt list!

My not so simple life said...

Glad you'e back too :)

Sian said...

I'm glad to see the Hunt back! And you too, of course. There's no doubt that I miss the regulars I used to see popping into my Reader every day: I think that's part of the reason I have taken to IG, so that I can keep on finding out what everyone is doing. And I love IG a lot more than I thought I would. I certainly hope we'll keep bumping into each other one way or the other

Jane said...

I'm so glad you are doing this again as I'm hoping it will lift my spirits and get me out in the fresh air, so thank you

Ladkyis said...

sometimes a person needs to blog to stay sane, sometimes to express opinions and sometimes because they spend an awful lot of time on their own at home.
Sometimes after regularly blogging a person gets fed-up with blogging and they leave it alone for a while.
Sometimes a person finds friends in unexpected places and sometimes those friends never meet face to face but there is something very special in the relationship that means that even after a break of several months when your friend starts to blog again the sun comes out and a person realises that they have missed their friend very much. Welcome back

Susanne said...

We're glad you're back too.

Missus Wookie said...

Welcome back - I'm glad and grateful that you decided to run this again this year. I'm hoping that the hunt and reading will both bring me back to blogging. I too have missed it due to kids/work/life.