Monday, June 23, 2014

Summer of Color Houses - Week 3

front of houses
back of houses
I've been participating in Kristin's Summer of Color blog meme making little houses in her suggested color palettes. These are my houses from the first three weeks. To answer a few questions, they are tiny (the one on the left is a standard size dice), which will give you an idea of the scale). They are made of wood, generally painted with acrylics. The base of the one on the right is covered in coral colored paper with a wood grain. You can read more about that house at this link. You can read about the house made out of the die here.
The color palette for week three is grey and lavender, with a pop of plum.  I used grey and lavender paint and added plum die cut paper. I call this one "The House of Timeless Miracles." I added a grey star to the front and words on lavender paper on one side.
On the back, I added a clock and a grey circular window. I also put a version of 14 (for 2014) on the side. To see what other people are doing with the week three colors, click here.  The meme is only half over, and it's not too late to join in. I'm sure having a good time with it!

26 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Excellent Rinda. Love your little houses.
gloria

CJ said...

So cute. If you hadn't pointed out the dice, I would have imagined them to be about 4-5 inches tall. They are so tiny, I can't imagine how you make them. I do a lot of Artist Trading Cards (2.5"X3.5") and often need a magnifying light to help me.

My Summer of Color post for this week can be found here: http://proartz.blogspot.com/2014/06/abstract-photo-summer-of-color-week-of.html

debs14 said...

These are so good! I love how you have used the theme of the dice to do the number 14 on this one.

Virginia said...

Ah someone else doing houses - fab stuff

helena said...

love how you are incorporating so much detail and symbolism on each tiny piece

sue :) said...

Hi, super cute houses, didn't realise the were so tiny as my daughters have a couple of dice that are 3"x3" from when they were very small. lovey idea.

BJ said...

Just adorable, loving this weeks colours. BJ

scrappyjacky said...

Love seeing each new house.

Karen said...

This week's is my favorite!

Sian said...

I'm trying to find exactly the right word to describe these - if I say "cute" I somehow feel I'm underestimating their power. They are way more than that.

kat said...

Very sweet little house, great to use the colours this way, bravo!

Carol Rigby said...

What a great idea. Love all of them.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

So cute! I love your little houses so much, Rinda. And with three you have a mini-neighborhood now! :o)

Melissa said...

It does look like you are having a great time with the Summer of Color. I had planned to participate but just haven't jumped in yet! Your houses are so cute!!

Laila said...

Those small houses are lovely. I'm sure they'll look good exhibited in the right place. Lovely.

sheila 77 said...

It's such a good idea to have a theme for SOC. Love all three of these little houses, maybe my favourite so far is this latest one with the clock and the star and the number 14 in dice face.

Lou said...

they look cool x

TwinkleToes2day said...

Saw these on FB, they are so sweet :o)

Linda Kunsman said...

so cute! Love your SOC neighborhood.

Annie Claxton said...

Oh Rinda! these are wonderful, what a fabulous idea. They will make such a cool and quirky collection :o)

Caz said...

Your little houses are so cool :-) I like the clock on this one, Strangely I like looking at clocks :-P

Halle said...

Another sweet little house!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I just love your little houses and this one is no exception! So adorable, beautiful, and such a creative way to use the SOC colors!

Unknown said...

Love the houses! And the purple one is definitely my favorite!

Cindy McMath said...

Love these tiny wee houses - I wonder who lives in them...faeries? Leprechauns? They are delightful.

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your little houses and what you've come up for each week. I'm glad I didn't miss this one in the backlog.