Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt Linky #1 (June)

#21 A photograph of myself with something that symbolizes the season
Welcome to the June linky for the 2014 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt! Below, please link directly to a post on your blog about the Hunt. It can be a new post written for today or it can be a link to one of your favorites from the first few weeks of the Hunt. Please try to visit a few others who have linked up as well. It's so much fun to visit and be visited! So far, I have posted six finds; today will be number 7, and that's one third of the way through. You can visit all my previous hunt posts by clicking on this link. I've found these pretty easy to find. How are you coming along on the hunt? Is it easier than you expected? Or harder? Remember, there's still plenty of time (you have until Sept. 23).
Today, I'm sharing a photograph of myself with something that symbolizes the season. It's me at a baseball game - definitely a staple summertime activity for my family. In fact, here's the rest of my gang at the game:
I love this photograph because it shows a happy milestone for our family. We've been attending S.F. Giants games together for years. Sometimes, when the kids were little, we would only last 4 or 5 out of the 9 innings. Some years, the kids were snarly or only wanted to spend the whole time shopping in the gift shop. But, Paul and I persevered, taking the family to at least two games each season. Sometimes insisting that everyone go because it was a required family activity. And this season, for the first time in my memory, both kids started asking "When are we going to go to a Giants game this season?" or saying "We should all go to a baseball game." It made me smile so big inside that I went ahead and got tickets last weekend. And, we all had a great time together. The required family activity has become pleasant time spent with my favorite people in the world. And that's a scavenger hunt find worth blogging about!
Now it's your turn to share yours. Please link directly to your post, rather than to your blog in general, and do try to visit a few other participants.

34 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That certainly does fit the season - happy memories.

Sylvia said...

Please delete my first link. I had accidentally hit enter before I had all my info in place. Thanks, Sylvia

joy said...

What a wonderful post, so pleased for you and well persevered. I'm off away today for a week, and hope to find lots of pics for the scavenger hunt while away, I have my list in my bag with my camera.
Joy x x x

helena said...

fabulous you in seasonal setting and a great selfie - loving keeping my eye peeled for birds on a wire and a painted bus

Linda said...

What a great family outing! Sp glad it has become a tradition for you.

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a great tradition,Rinda.

BJ said...

Thanks for the reminder - all linked up but you've seen them all, bit slow this year. Off to harp lesson now - BJ

Cheri said...

How great that you are to the point where your kids enjoy family outings! I'm sure it makes it even more fun.

Anonymous said...

The idea of a photo scavenger hunt is such a great one! Yay for fun times with family, so glad they were looking forward to it!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I LOVED that photo of you when I saw it on Instagram, Rinda. It is SO perfect to fit that prompt! Thanks for the link up party today - I'm off to check out what others have found... xo

Jane said...

that's what family is all about, great photo!

Anonymous said...

love your daughter's smile!
Great photo with the seasonal item!
Thanks for the link-y....

Sheena said...

Loving looking at all the photos appearing x
We are saving the Hunt till we going on holiday in 2 weeks time :)

Lady Ella said...

Your pic brings back happy memories of the High School League in Japan. No clue about the game, but the atmosphere was amazing!

This project seems like a lot of work for you - thank you. New territory for me; I've only just understood the link thingy so please get rid of my first effort if you can and have time.

Miriam said...

What a fabulous picture of you & your family Rinda x
Off to make my post.

Eileen T said...

A great post and a lovely family tradition. Just posted my link, so many thanks for organising this hunt.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I haven't done my summer symbolizing photo yet.
But I am pretty sure it will be something baseball related!

Carmen said...

What a great picture! I'm actually a Giants fan... don't tell my husband... ;-)

Jo Murray said...

You have a beautiful (and happy) family. Love those photos. Winter has only just set in here so will have to work on a seasonal photo. The juggler was hardest to find...but saw one in the distance while I was dining at a local restaurant. Just a tourist practising. I'll post my 'finds' soon.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family photo and it is wonderful that you have all found an activity that you all want to do together.

Unknown said...

Loving the photos, my daughters rowing is our summer sport although my sons soon to start at an Athletics club so that might become a joint summer sport.

I've never watched Baseball it's not really a 'thing' here in the UK, I'll have a search, We must have teams somewhere!

Karen said...

I tried to add a link to my second scavenger hunt post, but the link-up won't let me because it says it has too many characters. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about that.

Love the baseball shots. I grew up going to professional baseball games, first in Cincinnati, then in NYC. My husband has NO interest in baseball so that part of my sporting life ended quite awhile ago!

Carola Bartz said...

It's lovely that your kids now really want to do these family activities together! We as a family were at one Giants game years ago, and I think that will last for a lifetime. But it was fun at the time.

So far I have found quite a bit for the scavenger hunt, but I haven't posted any so far since we just came back from Europe. There will be posts in the near future though! It has been fun to look for the prompts!

Amy said...

Rinda - your post has really hit home with me. My linked post has a few finds and it involved a family excursion ... can I just say, I really hope that one day I will look back on it and laugh - the kids were right royal ratbags during the whole day and I had to wonder why on earth I was putting myself through the torture. Generally they're great with excursions but, boy-oh-boy did they test the mettle!

I am finding some of the prompts are super easy and I know that quite a few are going to be extremely difficult for me to get ... there might be a bit of lateral thinking required by the end of the hunt!

Becky said...

I love your family photo - it is wonderful to take adult children out to events and all enjoy them. I am glad that you are all enjoying baseball together now - sport isn't something we would do together, but we do have some fun family outings!

Lesley G said...

Can't wait to fly Stateside next year - miss miss miss the great game :(

Beverly said...

That is a perfect shot for you and summer and I love the one of all your lovelies :) Isn't it nice to have Henry home?! I hope to get my June finds up sometime today and will come back to link up.

Alison said...

Lovely selfie and how great that you have something you all enjoy doing together!
Alison xx

debs14 said...

Just published and linked my post. I love this summer project! So much fun to have a look around the world and see how people are interpreting the prompts.

Melissa said...

I'm doing lots of catch up today! I have a post scheduled for Saturday with a few finds & I'll jump back over & link up. Heading now to see what others are finding!

Jimjams said...

Love that idea for a seasonal post - will link up some scottish photos soon!

boysmum2 said...

The rain is continuing to fall here so really ought to get the family to take a picture of me with the umbrella! At least then I would have 1 more picture completed. School holidays this week so hopefully the boys and I can get out on the odd day it is not cold and wet and find some more shots. Thanks for the game, always love playing along

alexa said...

How nice to see both you and the family doing one of the things you like best :).

MiniOwner said...

I'm so enjoying this. Thank you, Rinda. How we giggled when we did the photo bomb! :)
Sue x (aka MiniOwner)