Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Backyard Fences (Good Fences Link-Up)

Out in the back-back, in the small orchard next to the chicken coop, we have this fence. I like the texture; I like the knots; I like how it looks as a backdrop to the ripening plums. You can click on the image to see it larger and in more detail.
And in the backyard, we have this scenic, if somewhat ineffective fence. Nasturtium growing wild; green garden fencing; a well-placed cinder block. . . . lovely, but obviously in need of repair. Again, click on the image to see it larger and in more detail.
I'm sharing a bit of my backyard fences this week with the Good Fences Link-Up at the Run Around Ranch Report blog. You can see more good fences at this link

13 comments:

Sian said...

I love the look of the nasturtiums against the weathered wood. We have fences like that round here and some of the neighbours have stained them with wood stain. I like the natural look like this, that's what ours is

Karen said...

Like Sian, I'm a fan of nasturtiums and they look great against the old fence. About ten years ago, we were blessed with a new neighbor behind us who put up a lovely fence to keep in his dogs. Before that there was a rather sad looking wire one.

Lesley G said...

Your photos of fences has got me started Rinda!!!

TexWisGirl said...

that's real life fencing. :) older, needing repair - always. :) thanks for linking, rinda!

21 Wits said...

Ah yes, the old fence in need of a bit of TLC, I have a couple like that too! Lovely captures.

Tanya Breese said...

i like naughty wood ;) mmmm i'll have a plum!

Karen said...

I love old weathered wood.

Sheena said...

I love the contrast between the weathered wood & the zingy nasturtiums x

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like old board fences. The gap at the bottom of the fence is for the bunny rabbits? Thank you visiting my Good Cemetery Fence.

Ida said...

These are great. I agree those knot holes are pretty cool and paired with the ripening plums it makes for a pretty picture. I love the Nasturtiums too.

MICKAN from QUEENS FIELD¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮ said...

Great pictures. Backyard fences is so nice to look at. At least yours :)

Poppy said...

How pretty and quaint are those tangy toned flowers against the grey and white splatters of the fence!

Poppy

Anonymous said...

I love the "wild" look of the second one with those colourful flowers against it.