Saturday, December 31, 2011

Storytelling Sunday, The Words: One Last Christmas Tale

Sian is starting a new year of Storytelling Sunday, with a twist. She's focusing on telling stories with photos (or words, if you prefer). She's also suggested starting the year with a New Year's story, but I have one last Christmas story I want to share. Because when I told it to my 16-year old son, it brought such a smile to his face that I didn't want to forget it before I wrote it down. So, I created this art journal page.  It's simple, but Uncle Dave says that's okay.
The journaling reads: "Christmas, 1995. Henry was seven months old and waited and waited and waited for relatives to arrive so he could open presents. We piled his gifts around him on the couch. He opened the first one - Tigger slippers. He put them on. And promptly fell asleep!"
**************************************************************
To see more stories, click on this link.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha I LOVE it! What a great story and the layout is so perfect too. Happy New Year!

Ginger said...

That is very cute Rinda!! Have a very Happy New Year :)

Beverly said...

Love it and I am sure it will bring smiles to Henry's children some day :)

Unknown said...

Ahhh lovely cute Henry!

Happy New Year Rinda :)

Ladkyis said...

oh I love that!

Mary B said...

Awww Bless his little Tigger Slippers (cotton socks)

Scattychick said...

Hahaha that sounds so purely typical of a young child :) Did any of the adults have problems waiting to open their gifts until he woke up again?

Anonymous said...

That's what Christmas is all about, children having fun.
Thanks for sharing a super story.

Sian said...

It's simple. It's perfect.

Happy New Year Rinda to you and yours!

Becky said...

Happy new year Rinda! I love this story - short and sweet and yet so wonderful :)

Alison said...

Love it Rinda!
Alison xx

Miss Smith said...

Love it! What a sweet story. I love the way you've recorded it too.

Irene said...

O Henry! How patient you were. Great story Rinda, so glad you scrapbooked it.
Happy New Year!

beccaf1970 said...

Sweet story!! :)

K said...

Oh bless him! FAB story

debs14 said...

How cute! Perfect for the first sunday of the year!

laurie said...

i can just imagine a sweet little boy , worn out with the waiting christmas requires. so glad you got that story down in your journal.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh how lovely - and I like the art journaling page addition.

Alana said...

Simple but a sweet story.

Ruth said...

Gorgeous! This Christmas, The Boy Child looked at all his parcels and said,"I'm a very lucky boy, Mummy!" Then a pregnant pause, "Is there a bus in my parcels?!"

Anonymous said...

LOL - it's perfect and reminds me so much of my niece. Happy New Year Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

♥ So sweet!!!

Cheri said...

Short and sweet and so relatable!

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Short and (very) sweet. I love it!

Unknown said...

That is sooooooo CUTE!