Thursday, December 1, 2011

Starting December Off Right

This Christmas, 
I will believe . . . in myself
I will be grateful for . . . happy moments with my children and husband
I will always remember . . . to breathe.


Journaling prompt from Shimelle. It will be a challenging month. I won't actually really start thinking about Christmas until the kids are out of school mid-month. But that's okay.


Photography prompt from Cheryl Johnson's 12 Days of Christmas, playing with White Balance. I shot it with my WB set to "shade." I'd never even realized that was an option because I hadn't realized there was a second page of WB options to scroll to on my camera menu!

9 comments:

Amy said...

We don't do a lot that is Christmassy until much later in the month either, we won't decorate until the kids finish and that's the 20th - short and sweet here!
Sounds like you had a LSNED experience in class!

Jane said...

I don't like to start too soon either or it all looks a bit shabby by Christmas Day

scrappyjacky said...

We don't decorate til mid month...all done by DD2....as my idea of christmas decorating is apparently not tasteful enough!!

Sian said...

We always have a real tree, which only really lasts a couple of weeks, so we're not quite ready to shop for it yet. It's funny, I feel quite excited this year and I hadn't expected too because the kids are so big now.

The Mann Fam said...

Beautiful tag. I looks like you've already started thinking about Christmas in your studio :)

Alison said...

Great start Rinda...I'm in the process of decorating, though the trees aren't out yet. Seeing Gypsy's new 'do' reminds me that I must arrange to have Boo done too- she can hardly see out of her 'fringe'!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Don't really start decorating until mid month either. Great photo.

Anonymous said...

We decorate early---it's all done. I love Christmas and want enough time to enjoy all the things we've collected over the years. We had our book group here Friday, and are having a big Open House this Friday. My brother comes for a visit the following weekend. Then I think I can sit down and relax and enjoy the season.

Anonymous said...

A very jolly tag! Beautifully done!