Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Intention

I blogged yesterday about my "One Little Word" for 2012:  home.  Just like last year, I have also chosen an intention on which to focus.  My intention is "Don't give up before the miracle happens."  My yoga instructor said this last month when we were getting into a particular twisting pose and we needed to hold it for a few seconds before everything slid into place.  Although the position felt uncomfortable, I took a deep breath, relaxed into the pose and felt . . . fantastic. I was so glad that I didn't give up before I reached that state of repose. And I thought the idea behind that statement was something on which I could focus this year.  Sticking with it, not giving up, trusting in myself that my effort would pay off.  Since then, I googled the quote and found that it's actually part of the Twelve Step Recovery Program.  And sometimes the butt of sarcastic jokes.  But, I still like the quote and what it stands for. 
So, it's my intention for 2012 - something to come back and remember and focus upon from time to time.  Have you heard this quote before? What do you think of the quote?  

6 comments:

Margi said...

I love it Rinda! I find it is so easy these days to give up and move onto something else when I didn't even give the initial a chance to develop into the miracle it had the potential of being! I think I'll join you in this 2012 intention!

Sian said...

It sounds like a wonderful intention to me. My word for 2011 was "reach" and I am happy that I carried it with me through the year and achieved some goals I didn't even know I had! I'm still thinking about a word for 2012, but I'm loving your choice. That would suit me very well too I think. It sounds as if you have put a lot of thought into your plans for next year and I am wishing you all the very best with them (and hoping that perhaps I will be lucky enough to welcome you into my home in 2012!)

Irene said...

I think that is a great intention for the New Year and a wonderful little word. Home is where the miracle begins.

Anonymous said...

It's new to me, and with so many friends in crisis right now, perfect to post on my inspiration board!

Carola Bartz said...

I hadn't heard the quote before, and I absolutely love it! It's a real good one.

Wishing you many miracles!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great quote! I'd never heard it before. I'm still considering my word for 2012