Saturday, April 4, 2015

Some final thoughts on art journaling

I spent the month of March exploring art journaling, and I have rediscovered my love of this artistic outlet. I have found that I really enjoy mixed media collage and simple sketching and water painting. I celebrated a little by buying some new water colors (Golden QOR). I made this page as an index sheet of sorts. It features flags and some Miro-inspired figures. I really like these creations and plan to incorporate them in future pages. 
The one thing I never got around to re-exploring this month was face-drawing. And, frankly, I'm not sure when I will. I will definitely continue to make art journal pages, but I will make pages that I find easy and fun and satisfying, rather than ones that feel like a lot of work. And right now, I think faces would be too much work. I see myself continuing to art journal a couple times a week. I'll add that to scrapbooking several times a month. And doing photography several times a week. That feels like a good mix so far.
I'm looking forward to focusing on card making this month, and I'll be back tomorrow with some initial thoughts and questions on that subject.

7 comments:

Karen said...

What a great way to test out the new watercolors!

alexa said...

Very pretty! Like the little scalloped edge. You are really finding a creative mix which works for you.

Alison said...

These are really pretty....you really are working out a crafting schedule! Xx

Sian said...

This has been a very satisfying creative month for you, hasn't it? Maybe that's why these flags have such a celebratory feel?

ForgedinPaper said...

What a great idea. I'm glad you're enjoying the creative mix and I find faces hard work as well. I want my journaling to be quick and faces take more practice.

Melissa said...

How FUN that you picked up some new watercolors to celebrate continuing this artistic outlet - a perfect end to the month!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you've found a good mix for you.