Tuesday, April 7, 2015

QOR Water Color Cards

I made a couple of simple cards over the weekend. Stamped and water colored, with some nice matting. Normally, when I color images, I use twinkling H2O water colors or markers. For these, I used some new tube water colors I recently purchased - QOR from Golden. I love Golden acrylic paints and decided to use my Christmas Amazon gift cards to try their new water colors. 
I have never worked with tubes of water colors before, but I found them pretty easy to work with. I bought an inexpensive plastic palette with a locking lid. I squirted a bit out of each tube into the palette and used as much of the paint as I needed. I left the rest to harden a bit and then closed up my palette. There was no spillage and when I went to use the paint again a few days later, I was still able to use the paint simply by adding more water. Since I love the Golden palette, I really like these colors. Especially because they seem more saturated than my travel water color palette or water color pencils that I would otherwise use.
If you make cards that involve coloring images, I'm curious as to what you use. Paint? Markers? Colored pencils? 

8 comments:

Lady Ella said...

Both great (and unmistakably "you")! Particularly like the coffee one.

Karen said...

Love both of these cards, but especially the collage stamp and the way you colored it. I use markers and watercolors most often. Once in awhile I pull out the colored pencils, but I find them more challenging.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning cards....love the coffee one, fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Rinda, but the one on the left is absolutely gorgeous.

alexa said...

Enjoying seeing your cards this month! This is a lovely pair - I especially like how you've coloured the one on the left. Am interested to know that Golden now do watercolours ... I find the Derwent InkIntense pencils give a good strength of colour and are very portsable.

Melissa said...

Lovely cards - I like all the colors on the one on the left especially. FUN to see you using those new watercolors! I usually use colored pencils when I color in a stamped image and have been adding a little glitter also. Next time I'll simply use the new Wink of Stella shimmer pen to add the glittery effect since I've added one of those to my stash! :)

Alison said...

Love the colours you've chosen...the VERY few times I 'colour' I use pencils xx

Anonymous said...

I must get out my pencils, paints etc and play once I'm better. These are both great looking - I especially like the one on the left.